Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

If you work on your own car, YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS . . . .

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  stone 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
Squishy said:
I'm impressed. What did it cost?

My first house will definitely have a two-storey garage that I can fit with a lift.
Note that this fits under a normal ceiling height (lift is 48", note the rolling chair in the video - PERFECT for lazily polishing the aluminum understructure of the prowler).

list price is $1999 plus shipping ($150-200).

Lowest price I've seen was a group purchase for $1500 delivered (sold out 35 pieces almost immediately, sold out through March):
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30425

If you're interested in buying one, let me know here and I can provide buying advice off-line.

#7 ·
The lift might fit in the current garage, but the car won't go high enough for "walk-under" convenience. Not really worth it if I still have to use a creeper.

$2000 is dirt cheap, too. The lifts I was looking at were around $3000-5000.

#8 ·
thats sweet

#10 ·
Very nice if you have a good size, newer garage. Wouldn't fit in mine... :( I'm also not sure the slab in my garage would be thick enough or strong enough to install the anchors properly. Darn old houses...

#11 ·
i would get one and use it in my driveway!!

#12 ·
Hmm...there's an idea. Although you would need a concrete driveway as asphalt would just crumble.

I had considered a portable four-post lift to use outside. Once they make a fold-up four-post one I might consider it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.