Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the ignition switch housing , part # 9L8Z-3511-A on my 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid. I have some questions about the removal process. Do I remove the housing then remove the key tumbler so I can put it in the new housing ? Do I put the key tumbler in the new housing before I install it or after ? After the car kept getting harder and harder to start and having to push in very hard on the key, I found out that something inside this housing wears out. At first I thought it was the ignition switch ( part # CS804) on the LEFT side of the steering column but found out it 's not the problem. Right now I have disconnected the ignition switch from the housing and I'm starting the car by turning that ignition switch with a screwdriver and the key in the RUN position. It was only after DAYS of research on the internet that I found the answer to this problem. The ignition switch housing is on order, hoping to get some help on the replacement process on this site :? If anyone can guide me through it step by step, that would be great :yahoo:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Buy using Google and Youtube, I figured out how to replace the ignition switch housing. I used a cutoff disk on my Dremel tool to make a slot for a screwdriver in the top of the anti - theft bolt rather than try to use a small chisel on the side of it like the directions suggested. I replaced it with a hex - head bolt. :woohoo:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts