Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hey Kimpossible! It's probably IMPOSSIBLE that you'll ever see this...but I thought I'd try...

2010 Mariner Hybrid. Over the last few months, the car doesn't usually "start" on the first push of the key- the MIL stays illuminated and the bottom right green light thing (ready to drive light?) doesn't illuminate. Usually I can push it a second time and it "starts". Just now it took a third attempt. Does this sound like the issue you were encountering? How did you ascertain it was the Ignition Switch Housing? Thanks!

·
Registered
189 Posts
If you push the key in towards the middle of the column while turning it and it works that usually indicates the entire ignition lock module that needs replaced, and not just the cylinder.

Thanks! Came back to follow-up post that I had found this exact video. Sure wish I knew why my notification emails for this site aren't working- probably would've saved me some digging!

And yes, this is in fact my issue. I should've know just to search FordTechMakuLoco to begin with. The amount of videos he has is utterly amazing- and the videos themselves are also amazingly detailed. I ordered the Dorman replacement- it claims to have an improved design that eliminates this problem (although if I still have this car when a new OEM would again wear out it means something went very, very wrong in my life!). I think I'm gonna buy some FordTechMakuLoco swag just to support him and show my appreciation.

On another note, it seems like many, many, MANY people experience these same recurring problems with our 2008-2012 vehicles. I wonder if the car is just that much crap, or is it just a statistical anomaly of sorts since so many of the vehicles were sold and are still on the road?? PCM- ABS Module- ignition lock module- I could go on and on...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts