Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1 car garage...trying to fit my motorcycle and my Escape both in the garage is not the best idea...this is why:

Which resulted with this:

:cry:

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
:doh: Happens to the best of us! Looks like most of it can be rubbed it though.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Sorry that happened, Scottie! :cry: Can it be rubbed out, like weebee suggested? I hope soooo!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dasha said:
Sorry that happened, Scottie! :cry: Can it be rubbed out, like weebee suggested? I hope soooo!!!!!!
I was looking and no it can't be. The paint was completely rubbed off on a portion of it and you can see where some of the plastic is sratched. Thankfully...where it is at those are small plastic pieces i believe and they can be replaced. I will have to check on that. Does anyone know how much those parts would be? I think they are just plastic but I could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Big Chris said:
Scooter Scott said:
I have a 1 car garage...trying to fit my motorcycle and my Escape both in the garage is not the best idea.
At the same time? :wacko:
The Motorcycle was parked in the garage all the way on the left hand side...last night i tried pulling in and started too far on the right hand side...couldnt see cuz of it being late at night so my rear fender caught the side of the garage. I'm depressed.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Big Chris said:
Scooter Scott said:
I have a 1 car garage...trying to fit my motorcycle and my Escape both in the garage is not the best idea.
:spank:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Scooter Scott said:
Big Chris said:
Scooter Scott said:
The Motorcycle was parked in the garage all the way on the left hand side...last night i tried pulling in and started too far on the right hand side...couldnt see cuz of it being late at night so my rear fender caught the side of the garage. I'm depressed.
That sucks!! Sorry again, Scottie. :( Here's a hug!

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dasha said:
That sucks!! Sorry again, Scottie. :( Here's a hug!
Thanks Dasha...I feel much better :heart:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Scooter Scott said:
Do you pull straight in or back in? Backing in would be ideal because you can see how close you are to the sides of the garage as well as your motorcycle.

..or just get some more practice lol. :play:

·
Super Moderator
14,902 Posts
I did something similar, but with far worse results. A concrete post and I tried to occupy the same parking space...The post won. This was day 2 of owning the Trib. I not only scratched the same area as you did, Scott, but I ripped off the plastic cladding as well. I got some touch-up paint buffed out as much of the scratch as i could and easily re-attached the cladding. I was surprised at how well it turned out. You'll fix it :)

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I pull straight in Shimy.

I am such a perfectionist though...I may just replace the peices or get them repainted.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I am sorry to hear about your mishap, Scooter. It looks like a fairly easy fix, though. Maybe some used parts from a salvage yard might help cut the cost.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Very sorry to hear that this happened Scott :( These things happen. Try not to stress over it too much. You will get it fixed and it will be good as new again. :yes: :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Scooter Scott said:
Big Chris said:
Scooter Scott said:
Admit it Scott... you had been drinking...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Bummer! That sucks big time!

But why do I get this picture of somebody, not sure who it is but somebody close to you, saying "Scooter if you can't play nice with your toys then I am just going to have to take them away from you". Sound fimiliar?

For some reason it does to me.

Nobody got hurt and it is just a bit of paint, it can be fixed.

PUTT :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
PupsterDO said:
Admit it Scott... you had been drinking...
I bet he needed a drink after that happened. :wall:

Putt said:
Nobody got hurt and it is just a bit of paint, it can be fixed.

PUTT :D :D :D
Poor Escape got a boo-boo. :cry: But it definitely could've been worse.

Hope u are feeling better today, Scottie! :heart:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Temporary fix: Get some liquid black shoe polish and rub it on the scratches... ;)

Long term cure? IDK, but I used to have a big Yamaha and parked sideways in front of a Capri coupe that I had back in the day. Yeah, one car garage. It was kind of a nusance to get the bike across the front of the garage, but it kept both my car and my bike out of the weather and sun at the time! :thumb: Later on I built a three car garage in the backyard for all my toys :yahoo: . Then I got married and my wife wanted a larger house. So good bye garage, motorcyle and Capri... :doh:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts