1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys !!!
Sorry, I sort of abandoned you !
I didn't mean 2 do it!
But I'm back with some stuff you might like !

This week I just posted my first 3 videos on youtube.
And here are the links!
Please view them and if u can comment them on youtube and also here!

Thanks for reading !

Mazda Tribute 2001 [Sound System]

Mazda Tribute 2001 [Exhaust System] (I hope MidnightTribute likes this one !!! :thumb: )

Mazda Tribute 2001 [@ Racing Track 1/8 mile]

Take care and thanks for your support !
Escape-City where the street is only a part of our playground !!! :peace:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Glad you made it back to the City! Thanks for posting your videos! Way cool! :thumb: :D :peace:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
It's been hardly any time at all. I wasn't aware you left, just thought you were a reader and not so much a post'er. :peace:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Thats awesome!!!! Nice work!

Your system is looking nice too, once it's finished I'm sure it will look/ sound perfect (though when is a project ever finished!) I'm sooooo jealous of the exhaust now haha, that has to come next for me. But I also have to ask how did you make/buy your grille? I have been looking everywhere for one like that (I had planned to powder coat it black) but all I can find is the lund grille on ebay which I don't like. And I took my stock one apart to see if I could just fab up my own, but it seems to be one piece connected with the bumper.
Anyways, nice work and great sound!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MidnightTribute said:
Thats awesome!!!! Nice work!

Your system is looking nice too, once it's finished I'm sure it will look/ sound perfect (though when is a project ever finished!) I'm sooooo jealous of the exhaust now haha, that has to come next for me. But I also have to ask how did you make/buy your grille? I have been looking everywhere for one like that (I had planned to powder coat it black) but all I can find is the lund grille on ebay which I don't like. And I took my stock one apart to see if I could just fab up my own, but it seems to be one piece connected with the bumper.
Anyways, nice work and great sound!
Thanks 4 viewing and about the grille, I'm 90% sure that the piece you saw connected to the bumper I eliminated only the "legs", what i mean is this...

once I did that, me and a friend added bond to the to cover up the holes and added a little of black spray paint to give it a good finished look, and the grille was strapped behind that piece.

Keep looking, but in shops near you, speed shops, machine shops, I don't recommend Pep Boys because, well here in P.R. the price of a similar grille (not the same as mine) is way too much high on the price and it doesn't look good enough for the price you'll pay, for example I saw one in the nearest PepB. and it costs almost $50.00 and mine was way bigger (I bought one piece of grille and it was big enough for the center piece and the bumper piece) with about $20.00 - $30.00.

So keep looking and hope you can find one, and about the exhaust, Magnaflow without a doubt.

·
Registered
18 Posts
hey Fran, Gian here from cardomain just joined the site ur Trib sounds badass with the exhaust and sound system not too mention nice on the overall look real nice job man..

·
Registered
223 Posts
ok cool thanks! Magnaflow for sure is what I plan, but as for the grille I'm glad to her your idea worked, just wondering though do you find it is sturdy? Like I know when I spent sometime on mine I noticed it is not s strong as I expected, did cutting away the "legs" take away any strength? I could even imagine that adding your new grille you may have added some support as well, is that the case? Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gianpmt said:
hey Fran, Gian here from cardomain just joined the site ur Trib sounds badass with the exhaust and sound system not too mention nice on the overall look real nice job man..
Hey Gian, glad to see you around here, by the way, thanks for the comments about the exhaust and sound system. Right now I'm exhausted, I just got home from "la fiebre" (street racing in P.R. jaja u know ;) )
and damn it was on tonight ! Since the gas price started lowering street racing has become more populated!
Not recommended, but a try doesn't hurt no one jaja!

Take care bro!
And keep up the good work !
PS: I showed some of my friends the pics of ur tribute and they went nuts :thumb:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MidnightTribute said:
ok cool thanks! Magnaflow for sure is what I plan, but as for the grille I'm glad to her your idea worked, just wondering though do you find it is sturdy? Like I know when I spent sometime on mine I noticed it is not s strong as I expected, did cutting away the "legs" take away any strength? I could even imagine that adding your new grille you may have added some support as well, is that the case? Thanks!
I'll be honest, it did take away a bit of strength but it was bound to happen if the "legs" were cut off. But is not that serious, if you don't want to cut off the "legs" you can place the grille behind the Mazda emblem, take for example gianmpt's tribute grille ;).

Hope u can pull it off :)
Anything else, let me know !

·
Registered
18 Posts
Fran_Tribute said:
gianpmt said:
Hey Gian, glad to see you around here, by the way, thanks for the comments about the exhaust and sound system. Right now I'm exhausted, I just got home from "la fiebre" (street racing in P.R. jaja u know ;) )
and damn it was on tonight ! Since the gas price started lowering street racing has become more populated!
Not recommended, but a try doesn't hurt no one jaja!

Take care bro!
And keep up the good work !
PS: I showed some of my friends the pics of ur tribute and they went nuts :thumb:
yeah gas prices are down finally good for givin it all out there jeje...i hadnt seen the track run that was real cool u representin the trib's down at the track and did a real nice job with the screeching take off :)P it sounded awesome in the run...cool that ur friends liked my trib thanks for showin her ok man well take care and keep killin it on the track and put some more vids up

1 - 13 of 13 Posts