Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gas prices aren't going down...and it seems like it may be economically feasible to buy a new Hybrid. I'm thinking of a 2009 Hybrid...Because of my tranny going out at 21k miles, I have a feeling that this vehicle is cursed. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Sounds like hybrid may be the way to go !! :yes: I sometimes second guess myself and wonder if that is what we should have done. Although, I am still very happy with our purchase. :)

Good luck, whatever you decide to do !! :)

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I am going to goto the dealership tomorrow to see what they say and to see what I can/can't afford.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Scooter Scott said:
I think I am going to goto the dealership tomorrow to see what they say and to see what I can/can't afford.
Get an '08 Hybrid, and then I won't need to change your LEDs.

:lol:

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
We're thinking about trading in for the 09 Hybrid. I like the upgrades and looks. The one I want will only cost about 1500.00 more then the one I have know.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jpark said:
Scooter Scott said:
Get an '08 Hybrid, and then I won't need to change your LEDs.

:lol:
I'm sure I will find something for you to change :)

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:)P

·
Registered
611 Posts
Don't know about the Indy area. But here in the Detroit metro area. There all gone period. About the only way to get one, is if someone cancels out or can't get financing. Then you need to be at the right place at the right time.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you tried?

PS my aunt lives in the Detroit area. She lives in Troy and works in Clawson.

·
Registered
277 Posts
It may be tough to get one… let us know what your dealer(s) say.

Ford has capped production of hybrids which will keep them in limited availability for the 2009 model; while more and more customers begin to consider them, they just won't be available (or buyers will be subject to long waiting lists).

I thought the situation was bad when I ordered my 2005 prior to production (4 month wait), but the 2009 could be even more difficult to obtain.

:shrug:

·
Registered
611 Posts
Scooter Scott said:
Have you tried?
Sure haven't. But, I do know a Mercury salesman personally at my club. He works for Hines-Park Lincoln Mercury in Plymouth. I asked him just last Sunday about the Mariner Hybrid. His reply "All Sold" although, he might be able to get one from another dealer. If you want too wait. Besides, I already have an "06" Escape Hybrid and I get it all to myself next week. (starting tomorrow) :yahoo: 42+ to the gallon. :D Sorry, just had to add that part................. :)
P.S. If you can get one or do get one. You'll love it!!! I don't do anything special to get 42mpg. I use some of the tips at GreenHybrid but the biggest thing I change is my route. I use the subdivisions allot. Sure it takes me 2 or 3 minutes longer to get to my destination. But I've learned to, not be in such a hurry anymore.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
e-mailed the internet rep today but I still want to make it into the dealership sometime soon.. I didn't have a chance to do it on saturday like I originally intended on doing.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I have a feeling that you'll be :shock: when you see what they want and what they'll give you, but if it's affordable, snap it up and don't look back.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I will sell my Escape privately. The stealership isn't making money off of that and raping me.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Went to the dealership....they told me I can't order a Hybrid yet. Said they aren't accepting orders for another 2 months... :bang:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Check out ebay, there are a couple listed there already...Plus several new 08's. :yes:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Scooter Scott said:
Went to the dealership....they told me I can't order a Hybrid yet. Said they aren't accepting orders for another 2 months... :bang:
Bummer!!!

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So here is my idea...sell the Escape I have now...build up some extra money for a down payment...then order me a 2009 Hybrid :)

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Scooter Scott said:
No wonder Ford's in financial trouble. They have people coming into their showrooms to buy their cars, and they won't take any orders! :shrug:

If I ran a business, the very last thing I'd ever want to do is turn away revenue. :confused: :wacko:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts