Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Mazda Tribute 2.3l 4wd (same as Ford Escape model)I have a vacuum leak and noticed I'm missing a hose I have found where one end goes but idk where the other end is supposed to go I'll post a pic of the one end I've found please if anyone can help I've been trying for a couple days now to figure this out it's located on the driver side of the exhaust manifold down near the catalytic converter and the motor mount thanks for any help or info

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply mine is plugged also of the the pic you sent me … the one in my photo is down a little further it's kind of lower then the catalytic converter and next to the motor mount so it's lower on the engine block/trans case it's a different hose then the one you sent me and lower down In the engine compartment

·
Registered
150 Posts
How do you know it isn't simply a vent for either the PTU or the transmission? Both are commonly and frequently confused with vacuum lines....

You have to find the other end and see what it connects to...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the car has a vacuum leak I can hear it but yes I need to find the other end which I have had any luck so that's why I've posted here to hopefully get some info or help

·
Registered
162 Posts
Here is a picture on the lower part. A bit different than yours.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm I'm confused lol it's definitely kicking my butt I appreciate the pics and responses hopefully someone has one that's exactly like mine that can give some insite.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I watched a video and that line is coming from the PTU Now I just need to find out where the hose connects to on the other end any help will be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Your provided image is so small as to be unusable to detect what it is.

If it is the PTU, it isn't a vacuum like just a vent, so it isn't a source of a vacuum leak, but it should he re-attached to the vent line to help prevent water getting in there.

This image is from an eBay auction, that black tube goes across the front and to a banjo like bolt and fitting, is that what you are looking at?

I think that the tube is bent in this image, but might be different depending on what engine:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You my friend are correct thank you so much for the pics and info now I still have to find the cause of my vacuum leak ughh

·
Registered
162 Posts
Mazdatribute2-3 said:
Hmm I'm confused lol it's definitely kicking my butt I appreciate the pics and responses hopefully someone has one that's exactly like mine that can give some insite.
Pictures are different. Mine is not AWD :)P

1 - 11 of 11 Posts