Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Shall return later on. Going to the shoe store for some work boots. Only a week of annual leave to go. HELP! Resuming my occupation on monday the 19th. of january. :shrug: :confused: :roll: I feel reluctant about the approaching situation. Never mind, as i shall tolerate job commitments. I suppose that maybe it is the mysterious path of destiny.

Thought i heard some ' Twilight Zone ' theme music in the background. :) :shock: ' Unexplained Mysteries ? ' :yes: :lol: Yes, sometimes i have odd days. The existence of work puzzles me. Why is it so? Actually i am that used to my job, to the extent i allow my mind to be detached from body.

I am concentrating for safety reasons, but my mind is absorbed in other things. Just let the imagination flow. Sometimes my work mates think i am zoned out. Some comments are ' Hello! Are you there? Thought you were in another world . What planet did you travel to? ' :lol: :hyst:

They say that i have a strange look on my face. I just explain to them, that to stop the job boring me witless, the mind separates itself and sort of travels to another dimension. Basically i have dissapeared, to another world only in the mental state. It is something like a frame of mind. I am not on any medication.

It probably helps that i have an artistic side . I just use my mind differently than other people. :)

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Hope you find those work boots, stone. :)
:beer:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Dasha. ! Hello Colleen.! Yes i purchased some work boots. Had another errand to organise. I decided to re-size my original photo. The shop staff were ever so kind and set up prints for me. Also had a copy transferred to disc, to allow uploading to the photobucket domain. Sorry about the deletion. Will re-submit the picture later if anyone requests it.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Stone I've been here way too short of time to commit! I must say you have rather a refreshing view toward your job. I am happy to hear no MEDS. are involved. You arn't smoking anything are you? Carry on

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello JIMMYJOHN. There is no medication partaken of. As regards the cannabis i do not smoke it. What i meant by a certain frame of mind, is that the mental attitude changes while on the job. The imagination and memory retention is utilised. For example if the job is tedious, a lot of different things are developing in my head.

Memories of songs and various styles in music. The imagination is vivid. I intentionally mentally visualize, about movies or documentaries. Certain bush regions, that appealed to me over in victoria and new south wales. People i have met in the past. There is reminiscing about my grandma, and her special bond with me as a child.

In context of the medication, i do not get involved with any of that hard stuff . Amphetamins, cocaine or any of that brain cell destroying crap. Yes we have a drug problem down under. All the young disco ducks, think it is trendy and cool to be on ecstasy. They are virtually cooking their brain cells. Can not recall, but i think a doctor mentioned, that the cells when perished will never be replaced.

·
Registered
370 Posts
stone said:
:) Shall return later on. Going to the shoe store for some work boots. Only a week of annual leave to go. HELP! Resuming my occupation on monday the 19th. of january. :shrug: :confused: :roll: I feel reluctant about the approaching situation. Never mind, as i shall tolerate job commitments. I suppose that maybe it is the mysterious path of destiny.

Thought i heard some ' Twilight Zone ' theme music in the background. :) :shock: ' Unexplained Mysteries ? ' :yes: :lol: Yes, sometimes i have odd days. The existence of work puzzles me. Why is it so? Actually i am that used to my job, to the extent i allow my mind to be detached from body.

I am concentrating for safety reasons, but my mind is absorbed in other things. Just let the imagination flow. Sometimes my work mates think i am zoned out. Some comments are ' Hello! Are you there? Thought you were in another world . What planet did you travel to? ' :lol: :hyst:

They say that i have a strange look on my face. I just explain to them, that to stop the job boring me witless, the mind separates itself and sort of travels to another dimension. Basically i have dissapeared, to another world only in the mental state. It is something like a frame of mind. I am not on any medication.

It probably helps that i have an artistic side . I just use my mind differently than other people. :)
i'm there with you, brother, i often, maybe too much for some floks, "drift" off. my wife asked me once about being in my own little world, and was somewhat concerned about it, i said not to worry, they love me there, so everything should be fine.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
GOOD NEWS! It has been determined that brain cells have been proven to reproduce, but only if you use the brain! People that just sit about doing nothing have no need for additional cells, so the brain does NOT reproduce them. If you use the head Fred, they do reproduce!

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Quote - GOOD NEWS! It has been determined that brain cells have been proven to reproduce, but only if you use the brain! People that just sit about doing nothing have no need for additional cells, so the brain does NOT reproduce them. If you use the head Fred, they do reproduce!

...I think I'm still at a deficit, :rockon: following the 1970s, I think. :lightning:

·
Registered
370 Posts
same here, but my heavy use was in 80'and early to mid 90's, darn random drug test. :cuss: :bill:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
How can they call it random, if they test everyone, and it's on a day that management scheduled in advance? :confused:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts