Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
yes the in channel type are very nice, I bought the others but they do not look as clean as a set of in channel vents do, mine were made by lund I believe Dino
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
679 Posts
usually any brand is good. got mine off of ebay and they are great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
311 Posts
I bought some for a gift last year and got them shipped for under $60. I remember that PupsterDO had some he was trying to sell for $60 can't remember the mfg. 2 weeks ago I bought AVS brand (which is a subsidiary of LUND) and they work great. I installed the front 2 doors, but I have not installed the rear 2 doors. The reason I have not installed the rear is because the windows already don't go down all the way, and it does not leave a large opening to "see" out of in the rear for the passengers back there. If you feel like you "need" to put the back on to complete the look consider that.

I used this site, they are finally selling them at a reasonable price again. $65 shipped, brand new. Over the winter it was easily $75 before shipping.
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/d...deQQVent_VisorQQ20012008QQV15194059.html#back
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,629 Posts
I am quite happy, with my OEM Ford factory supplied vent visors. They have been on since 2006. Quite intact and no damage problems. :) :happy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
I just added these to my '08. They were around $60 at the local detailer...
I've never had the "in-channels" before, but these are top notch (by Lund). :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
johnm356 said:
I just added these to my '08. They were around $60 at the local detailer...
I've never had the "in-channels" before, but these are top notch (by Lund). :thumb:
You bought them from the dealer.. Did you install them or did the dealer install them?? Those look really nice.. also did they have to order them??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
IMO I am not a huge fan of the In-Channel Ventvisor. I am also the owner of a 97 Ford Ranger and I have In-Channels for it and they are great. But I tried to install In-Channels on my ex-gf's 2003 Sunfire and I ended up breaking them because they would just not fit. No matter which way I tried it just was not going to happen. I then got the ventvisors that go outside of the vehicle with the 3M tape and it was so easy.

I worked at Pepboys for 2 years and through input of my co-workers all recommend the type that install outside. I had one co-worker mention he had the In-Channels for a bit and his leaked water through the weatherstripping.

But it is up to you which you would prefer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,091 Posts
I got mine from weather Tech. They are great. I also purchased they hood protector and sunroof visor. They are made of quality material, but they are a little expensive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
SilverAthlon said:
I bought some for a gift last year and got them shipped for under $60. I remember that PupsterDO had some he was trying to sell for $60 can't remember the mfg. 2 weeks ago I bought AVS brand (which is a subsidiary of LUND) and they work great. I installed the front 2 doors, but I have not installed the rear 2 doors. The reason I have not installed the rear is because the windows already don't go down all the way, and it does not leave a large opening to "see" out of in the rear for the passengers back there. If you feel like you "need" to put the back on to complete the look consider that.

I used this site, they are finally selling them at a reasonable price again. $65 shipped, brand new. Over the winter it was easily $75 before shipping.
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/d...deQQVent_VisorQQ20012008QQV15194059.html#back
In the overview it says those visors use tape to secure them. Is this true of all in channel types?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
311 Posts
I believe so, the difference being whether they attach to the exterior door frame, or interior window channel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,734 Posts
RickWakeman said:
In the overview it says those visors use tape to secure them. Is this true of all in channel types?
Yes, but the Weather Techs just snap in, I am sure there might be others that use the same snap in method. I only know of Weather Tech.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,629 Posts
clark2334 said:
Those window visors are great! Anyway I got mine from jcwhitney. Caught it on sale last Holiday season.
Best of luck with fitting them. :thumb: :welcome:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
Wouldn't the in channel vent visors be easier to steal? Especially the friction fit ones? I have the AVS taped on ones and they look beautiful and work flawlessly. Love 'em! :)

My signature photos were taken before any mods were made. I'll repost newer sig pics when the weather gets warmer..........sometimes in June! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
I've heard mixed reviews about the in channel visors where they scratch your window tint, no good on your window motor, and leaks and stuff. I've never owned them cant confirm. Im currently on the fence betweem these and the stick on one. I think the in channel look better but afraid of the reviews.

Anybody else want to comment the in channel seem very popular im not sure if its a specific brand that has been causing the issues.

Even the parts guy at the local Ford dealer told me not to put on the oem in channel ones and suggested i ordered the 3m.

:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,251 Posts
From experience I've never had any leaks. I went with the in channel so that they wouldn't get ripped off by say a car wash or anything. I also think they look better imo.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top