Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

We're expecting a baby at the end of October and are looking into infant seats. I drive a 2005 Escape, and I'm wondering if anyone has any anecdotal or quantitative information on the best infant seat for a 'scape.

Right now, I'm leaning towards a Combi Cocorro or a Recaro. Thoughts? Any ideas? I prefer safety over convenience.

Related to the above, does anyone know where I can find data on the force generated by a rear-end collision?

- sG

·
Registered
390 Posts
I should like the Recaros for the first in side impact protection, but mostly because they look so damn cool. I wish I could sit in one!

·
Registered
52 Posts
SGecko said:
Hi all,

We're expecting a baby at the end of October and are looking into infant seats. I drive a 2005 Escape, and I'm wondering if anyone has any anecdotal or quantitative information on the best infant seat for a 'scape.

Right now, I'm leaning towards a Combi Cocorro or a Recaro. Thoughts? Any ideas? I prefer safety over convenience.

Related to the above, does anyone know where I can find data on the force generated by a rear-end collision?

- sG
Hello,

For my two kids we used the Peg Perego infant car carrier / stroller insert and then once they were big enough the guys moved up to the Britax Marathon car seat. Now both boys are in Recaro Start seats as they are old enough to be in booster seats. After alot of research, the decisions were still a bit tough to make but in the end we have been very satisfied with each seat in regards to comfort and published test results. Lukily we have never had to test the crashworthiness of any of the seats.

Tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts