Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well I'm a noob to the site, but my gf has a 2002 escape xlt 2wd. So I bought the harness, and everything needed. Well first the pins in the scosche didn't go into the stock harness right so I had to break the plastic around the pins off so I could line everything up correctly. Then I wired up the Panasonic harness to the bypass harness but it said the ground and then a amp ground, well I just hooked those up together to the panny harness. Well with the key to the "on" position or car running now the starter continues to try and turn the motor over while it's running. Of course it didn't do this with the stock cd player. So could it be the amp ground? I'm lost

So help me guys I have to get it fixed tomorrow otherwise I have to remove all the stuff from the car and go back to stock cd player that doesn't play cd.

Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don't currently posses my Escape, but I do have some experience with mobile audio and I am an Aircraft Electrician for the Navy. That being said, I broke up your post and replied mid stream.

ProjectEscape said:
Ok well I'm a noob to the site, but my gf has a 2002 escape xlt 2wd. So I bought the harness, and everything needed. Well first the pins in the scosche didn't go into the stock harness right so I had to break the plastic around the pins off so I could line everything up correctly. This should have been a stopping point. Never force these harnesses into place unless you are ABSOLUTELY certain that your pinout is 100% correct, and even then, it's questionable until contacting some form of customer support or product representative. Then I wired up the Panasonic harness to the bypass harness but it said the ground and then a amp ground, well I just hooked those up together to the panny harness. You have something wonky going on, most likely induced by an improper wire harness connection. I suggest getting into contact with whomever you purchased the harness from and finding out what is really going on. Considering that you had to break the harness, you will most likely have to purchase a second one and learn from this mistake.Well with the key to the "on" position or car running now the starter continues to try and turn the motor over while it's running. Of course it didn't do this with the stock cd player. So could it be the amp ground? I'm lost. If I were you, I would reinstall the factory unit until I could get an absolute positive idea how this new unit is supposed to wire into your vehicle. Again, I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "the panny harness" but I'm fairly certain you had the wrong harness from the get go.

So help me guys I have to get it fixed tomorrow otherwise I have to remove all the stuff from the car and go back to stock cd player that doesn't play cd.

Thanks
This type of behavior from messing with a stereo harness certainly lends itself to being crossed wires. Put the original stereo back in to prevent causing any type of permanent damage to your cars electrical system until you can get the issues with the harness resolved. Also, in my experience, while "a ground is a ground" is a semi valid thought process, it's always best to utilize separate ground points when grounding multiple legs of an electrical circuit. Maybe someone on here with distinct knowledge of the Escape stereo system will have further insight as to what your problem is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well what I mean by the harness not fiting is the pins dont' go straight. you can grab the wires and move them up and down and the pins move a tiny little bit. So the plastic fit into each other like it's supposed to, just the pins wouldn't line up in their respective holes. So that's why I broke the plastic. So I'm curious if it's the igintion & 12v constant pins touching. I'm going to take it out tonite and see if the pins are bent together or what not and go from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.