Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys probably a stupid question, but one of my bulbs/LED's has stopped working behind the Instrument Cluster on my 04 Escape (globes that light up the AC Controls when headlights are on) and was wondering whats the easiest way to remove the instrument panel to get to these bulbs/LED's?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I might be able to help, but I'm not sure if 2004 Asia/Pacific Escapes have the same instrument panel as North American 2004 Escapes. From what I remember, right-hand drive Escapes used Mazda Tribute instrument panels, which are completely different.

Can you take a picture of that area of the instrument panel?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not the best picture I have, but I'm at work and it's all I have.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Actually, this pic is perfect!

And, just as I suspected, that's a Mazda Tribute instrument panel (at least on our North American models). I don't have the service manuals for a Tribute, but I'm pretty sure that the center stack cover is a press-fit piece that can be removed by simply pulling it away from the main instrument panel. You may need to remove the cover around the instrument cluster first, but that's where I'm not sure.

Also, once you remove the center stack cover piece, be very careful with the retainers on the back of it. They're sharp, and they can easily damage anything they touch.

Once you have the cover removed, you should be able to see and remove the bolts that secure the climate control module, and the bulb sockets are located on the back of it.

The bulbs are #37 or #74. #37 lasts longer, but it's slightly dimmer. Either one will work.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That helps heaps dude, I was looking for screwes but when I couldn't find any, I assumed it would just pop out. I've tried to pop it out, but it seemed too stubborn seeing *** though it has never been removed since factory it may need some more force. I will give this a go when I get home from work, and if it is as easy as that I will post up some photos as an instructional. My appolagies for our right handedness which might confuse some : P Thanks Again

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
You're welcome! No apologies needed!

Again, be very careful with the retainer clips on the back of that trim piece! When you remove it, you'll see what I mean!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts