Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please correct me if I am wrong on this, but is the Escape Hybrid only available with the light tan interior in leather, or tan with grey inserts in cloth?

I currently have an '06 Mariner Hybrid with a tan leather interior, and I wish it had a dark grey interior. It appears you can get a dark grey interior on non-Hybrid Escapes.
Tan doesn't even go with grey or silver! What the hell? Of course I think the Sport Appearance Package is pretty awesome, and that isn't available on Hybrids either.

So I am perusing new Escapes, and if tan is the only option in the Hybrids, I'm not sure what I am going to do.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I agree with the whole siver and tan not working. This is the one thing I hate most about my interior. Then again I don't really know what other color would look good with the tan. Even the Piano Key Black looks odd, to me atleast.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I didn't mind the small amount of silver on my 07. I liked the black (dark) woodgrain trim. I actually thought the materials were better quality in my 07 vs. 08 (except for the crappy cloth seats).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KKreit,
Your interior looks just like mine. With regards to the tan interior "not going with silver or grey", I was referring to the tan interior color doesn't go with silver or grey exterior paint. I don't mind the silver and black interior accents, I think they look pretty good. My specific gripe is that Ford should offer grey (I would love dark grey) on the hybrid models. Oddly enough, I'm not a red car person, and I'm not crazy about tan interior, but I found a nice deal on a red Mariner hybrid about 2 years ago, so I decided to purchase it. I've actually considered how much of a pain in the a$$ it would be to change interior color from tan to dark grey. Since it's still under warranty, I'm waiting on that stuff...

If there are any Ford decision makers reading this...
===> Pleeeease make the Hybrid with dark grey interior and sport appearance package!!
I would go to the Ford dealer after work today to buy one!!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Ahh -- yes. Sorry, I misunderstood. Yes, we as consumers have less options every year. Seems like if you want 1 exterior color, you only have 1 choice of interior color. Everything is now included in a "package" (another ploy to get more $). You often can't simply add a moon roof, or electic seats for example. They are all part of a package that costs $1K+.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Lighten up guys...

a decade ago you could have any color you wanted for the interior. As long as it was gray! Crap! I hate gray!

Oh, I forgot to mention. I like tan interiors. :thumb:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Obviously, I don't mean to offend anyone who absolutely loves tan interiors. I don't really think I did offend anyone, and I'm sure they don't care about my opinion anyway.

In an attempt to lighten up over this controversial "lightning rod" topic of tan interiors..... I will offer an apology.

I'm sorry Ford Motor Company, for hurting your feelings. You know I still love you, and I want to keep seeing you. Congrats on Car Of The Year.
Now get to putting dark grey into the Hybrids. Capiche?

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Hmmm.... I just went to the Ford site and hit the "Build & Price" button and the only interior color option I see for the Hybrid is Stone. Stone is the grey color. Going to the XLT "Build & Price" page, I see 3 color choices, Camel (tan), Stone (grey) and Charcoal Black. You can preview the colors online but it's hard to tell how they really look on a computer screen. Now I'm kind of curious to see the Stone interior in real life...

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
MMH06 said:
Obviously, I don't mean to offend anyone who absolutely loves tan interiors. I don't really think I did offend anyone, and I'm sure they don't care about my opinion anyway.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion so no worries. :) Personally I've never cared for tan interiors...I've always liked grey. When I got my Mariner and black was an option, I got it and loooove it!! I think it's soo classy. But someone else may hate black interiors and that's fine w/me. To each his own. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts