Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I didn't order my Escape with the leather and ambient lighting package... and (I'm in Michigan right now) just took a tour of the MKX my dad has for the next four to five months... :thumb: the ambient lighting is sweet and now I want it. I know Ford sells it as an accessory package. Anyone know anything about that, perhaps how hard it is to install and how to manage the colors? There's always the option of getting a center console with the ambient lighting button.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I dont think it would be too hard. You have a power connector, a switch, running cable, and drilling for light placement. Some one here did the "after the fact" install. I think one was intalled from the dealership and the other from by themselves. I have seen the DIY on ebay for cheap, just have to look for it.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just did a search, thanks for the tip. Turns out that it might not be a great idea as it's not the same as the MKX/OEM kits... I'll figure something out later :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
On looking through the wiring diagram for the truck, it looks like its a really small kit. Single module, switch and just the lights on a harness... All under the console. Should be easy / plug and play (aside from drilling the holes etc); you could go to a wrecker and find one that has that already and just buy the console top with the switch, module, and lights already installed...

·
Registered
64 Posts
just buy some LED strips and place them up under the dash and replace you dome lights with whatever color LEDs that you get. wire it in with the ignition and put a toggle switch or button in there and it will be much better than the factory add-on. ;]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts