Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
People around here have used Ebay as a solution, look around the forum and I promise its here somewhere.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the input. Based on price and added value it may be some time before I go ahead with this. There are other things I would like to take care of in the interim. On a sidenote, how much hp did the new exhaust and intake give you roughly? That was also on my list of mods, just need to see if it voids my warranty.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Well I havent dyno'd it so its hard to say but before the the tuner I would have to give my self the benifit and say 8-10hp with tuner I would go as high as 15hp

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey if your still looking for interior lighting go with LEDglow
iv got an interior kit by them and its great and wasnt expensive at all
i could send u pics if you wanted them just let me know

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey guys,
I got my 2010 escape without ambient lighting. I'll admit, it's something I really want but I can't drop the $300ish to get the OEM kit. I want a color that will look good...my dash/radio lights all light up in a turquoise aqua color.

I'm not sure (or haven't been able to find) an aftermarket kit with that color. I feel like any other color would just look silly.
Any help? Thanks!!
brad

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's just a white LED with an aqua-blue filter. I would be hard-pressed to think that it was the other way around.

Anyhow, you could always try to dig up a junked Limited Escape with the package.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I actually had leather custom installed on my Escape at the dealership, since they had no XLT's with leather in their inventory in or around my area. So I did not have the ambient lighting as a part of it.

I stumbled across something interesting however. While shopping in Target I was in the auto section and saw this air freshener you plug into the 12v outlet. It lit up blue and smelled pretty good. So i bought it and was amazed how strong the light is. Ill try and snap some pics of it at night, but it illuminates a good area around the center console in a blue that is similar to the arctic blue you are referring to.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts