Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Show us your escape/tribute/mariner interior ... I'd start but it's raining outside, but ill put some up soon as well

how clean or modded is it

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Copied from my interior mods thread:

I had an extra laptop lying around that was still able to run XP, so I decided to use it as a navigation/multimedia system for the Escape. I didn't find any mounts for the Escape seat bolts (only for Crown Vic and Mustang seats), so my mount attaches to the floor pan. Because of the rear vent going right under the floor, I had to buy longer 2" sheet metal screws, drill right through the plastic vents, and because of the 'softness' of the plastic, I had to rest the arm of the mount on the left edge of the passenger seat. The mount is made by Jenico, and cost around $50.

(click on thumbnails to enlarge)

Here's everything folded up and turned off.

Here's the inverter setup with a three-way splitter at the top of the picture. I blew out the three-way splitter, so that's why it's plugged back into itself, half removed, and had the cigar lighter relocated there (needed another outlet for phone charger).

Here's the mounting point for it. I think only the right side (bottom of the picture) had to go through the rear vent channel.

Still lots of passenger space. If you have really long legs, they might hit the laptop. In that case, you can remove the stand in five minutes; you can see the attachment screw in the picture above.
(note the shameless product placement)

View from the driver's seat. The GPS receiver is at the center of the base of the windshield. Stalkers beware - that's not my real address. ;)

Back in 2005, I tried to change my cluster lighting to a blue and red scheme. I quickly found out about the gradient of the factory film, after I ground it off. So, I had some ugly looking gauges until I picked this up in 2007. Seller on eBay mistakenly listed a Tribute cluster as an Escape cluster, so there weren't a lot of buyers. Got it for $99.98 and took 20 minutes to swap the faces (used my old cluster electronics to keep my mileage correct).

(click on thumbnails to expand)

Closeup:

View from driver's seat:

Me recklessly going 200 km/h beyond redline and overheating the engine :D (and with the doors open too!)

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Here are my interior pics! I love how my Mariner looks inside and out!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Nice, Dasha!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i like the laptop mount thats pretty nice. The black gauges are pretty cool too.

That Mariner is just too classy, haha... i like it

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Dasha said:
Here are my interior pics! I love how my Mariner looks inside and out!

That has to be one of the best looking interiors I have seen !! Very sharp and so nice and clean !!! One of the sharpest on the other site as well.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
escape08xlt said:
That has to be one of the best looking interiors I have seen !! Very sharp and so nice and clean !!! One of the sharpest on the other site as well.
Thanks, escape08xlt!! You gonna post yours soon? :smile:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Thanks, escape08xlt!! You gonna post yours soon? :smile:[/quote]

I will probably get to it over the weekend.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Squishy, that is quite a setup you have going in your truck. I'm glad you haven't had too many problems with it (wiring makes me nervous).

Dasha, your Mariner interior is GORGEOUS! I don't think I've ever seen it before....

Here's some of mine, 05 XLT with No Boundaries package.

Factory silver trim in black interior, new Pioneer head unit:

Sirius Starmate 4 satellite receiver, Kenwood woofers and tweeters in front door (custom install in sail panels):

Pioneer 3-way 6x8 in rear doors, Kenwood 12" sub in trunk:

Overhead console (from a Limited maybe?) purchased off Ebay, and some other shots:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Here we go again (I think :stifle: )! Here's some pics of my 08 Mariner's interior (please don't mind the dirty floor mat in the first pic :bag; ):

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Very nice Stryford! Is that three different shades inside or are my eyes (and monitors) deceiving me?

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Thanks for the comments, guys. My next step is probably to get a proper CB setup in there. My current handheld unit only picks up one or two trucks in front of me, which isn't very fun. You can see the red wire running up the middle of the cabin going to that handheld unit clipped to the visor.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Thanks, Ajax! Yes, it's three different shades in the interior. Four, if you count the silver on the center console.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Dasha said:
It looks like the Mariner has round speakers?!?! Or is that just an design and it has the regular 6x8s?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
All of the Mariners look nice on the inside! Mmmmm...gonna have to consider a Mari next time maybe. :smile:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Ajax said:
Dasha, your Mariner interior is GORGEOUS! I don't think I've ever seen it before....
Thanks, Ajax! I see it almost everyday and still get a happy feeling!!

I like your interior shots a lot too!

Kiki said:
All of the Mariners look nice on the inside! Mmmmm...gonna have to consider a Mari next time maybe. :smile:
Do it, Sis!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts