Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Say hello to DeGaulle, my circa 1959 Motobecane Mobylette Type AV88 moped. Found this at an antique store on Cape Cod last Tuesday. Couldn't get it home to Buffalo this trip, which is why DeGaulle looks so sad in the 2nd photo. He's hanging out in my parent's garage until my next trip. This gives me a very NATO garage - an American Ford, a German VW Beetle convertible made in Mexico, a British MGB, and a French moped. Can't we all just get along? :bill:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
1959....wow!
Have fun w/it! Looks like you are! :beer:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I remember being a kid in Germany for the summer of 1961. Yeah, 10 years old. Anyone 13 years old had one of those, or something similar. The alternative was the ten speed bicycle. :lol: Lots of folks had the as the only form of motorized transportation...no kidding. I walked :lol: . Fond memories. Thanks for the pics!

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I wasn't even a thought in 1961 :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
DeGaulle's spark-plug boot is large enough for an electric chair.

:lol:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
If the electric chair had been around before the French Revolution, Marie Antoinette probably would have preferred it to the fate that she actually received.

:bill:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
jpark said:
DeGaulle's spark-plug boot is large enough for an electric chair.

:lol:
I'm thinking that the engine is small enough to be on one of todays' Remote control model airplanes :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts