Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's our 2005 XLT. The pics were taken just after we bought it a few months ago. Like most folks, we've got tons of plans, including roof racks, tighter/higher springs, more dirt-road-worthy tires, etc. I appreciate any recommendations on brands, if you've got 'em. I've already pulled the dealer logo off (and didn't even chip the paint!).

We live on the Massachusetts coast, but do a lot of driving up in Vermont. I want to get more hiking/backpacking/canoeing in which is why we switched from our 1994 Saab 900s to the 'scape: Cognito. He's been good to us, and we like him a lot.

I've been lurking for a week or so, and am looking forward to taking more of a part in these forums.

Thanks!
- sG

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hello and welcome :) Very nice lookign Escape you've got there, nice color and nice wheels :thumb:

Do you miss having the SAAB? Ive driven a few and there's something different about them, something no other car has got... Cant put my finger on it though.

·
Super Moderator
4,741 Posts
Welcome to the city! :beer: I had a set of Cooper ATR's mounted on spare rims that I used in the winter and they did a fantastic job. A bit of road noise, but not bad. But you're going to find that everybody has their favorite brand of tire here so good luck!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tribby said:
Hello and welcome :) Very nice lookign Escape you've got there, nice color and nice wheels :thumb:

Do you miss having the SAAB? Ive driven a few and there's something different about them, something no other car has got... Cant put my finger on it though.
Thanks for the compliments.

I know what you mean about the SAABs. Even at 15 years old, that little 4 cylinder could still handle corners and make my heart race. My father's driving it now, though, so at least it's still in the family.

I miss the SAAB's center console, and I miss driving a standard. The Escape gives us that forest road driving ability and that sense of "I can go pretty much where I want" that the SAAB didn't give us, though, and we're really digging it.

- sG

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me how a new member post's their Escape and it's better looking than the last.

The Saab's are fun. And back in the day when I was parking cars at the Rancho Bernardo Inn we would send a new valet out to retrieve a Saab for a guest and after a few minutes they would come back exasperated..."where do you put the frigg'in key?!" :hyst: Worked every time.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Hello SGecko!. Quite presentable your escape. Also we bid thee ,a warm welcome to this site. :) :thumb: :happy: :welcome:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
looks great, and welcome!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Truck looks good, and the more you use it for it's capabilities, the less buyers remorse you'll have (I know that after trading in a 2005 Mustang GT for my 06 Limited, I had buyers remorse, until I took it off road or put a load in the back, and then lost it completely after driving it in the deep snow we got here this past winter).

As far as the tires go...Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO is the way to go...

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Congrats! I like the color. :D

Where do you go in Vermont? I grew up there, very beautiful country. I see you were trying to fit in with a Saab, lots of them in Vermont too :lol: . I haven't driven my Escape back home yet (long drive from Florida) but you'll enjoy it in the winter, it's a great car. Post pics next time you head up that way!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts