Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into purchasing an XLT with the SAP or possibly the Fusion Sport. One of my concerns in regards to the Escape is that it appears as though the USB and iPod jack are right out in the open on the front stack. Meaning that one cannot simply connect their iPod and safely leave it in the vehicle (like I currently do in my Flex - since these jacks are hidden inside the center armrest, away from prying eyes.)
I'm assuming that the Escape does NOT have a second set of plugs in the center arm rest, eh?
Does anyone have a work around?
or other solutions? maybe a "rhino" box to sit in the tray immediately below???

ooops! Just realized that this post should be in the AUDIO/VIDEO section... please go ahead and move it over.

again sorry!

·
Registered
836 Posts
No the new XLT does not have an additional jack inside of the console. The Fusions do though. For my XLT I leave my thumb drive connected all the time. For my ipod I just remove it when leaving the vehicle in an unsae place. The mini console area under the jacks are fairly hidden though. I stuff my ipod under there a lot of the time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you take the center console out the sync box has a second usb port on it. I ran this to my glove box. The second port doesnt show up on any of the menus but sync responds to usb2 when you push the button.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Dumb question...If you are running your sync off of a portable hard drive or jump drive, do the voice commands work? I like the ability to just tell it what playlist/artist/etc. to go to.

Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sterling10 said:
Dumb question...If you are running your sync off of a portable hard drive or jump drive, do the voice commands work? I like the ability to just tell it what playlist/artist/etc. to go to.

Thanks!
Yes, the voice command works with just the thumb drive and should work just as well with a hard disk. Done it many times and infact leave a 2GB USB thumb drive with a few hundred mp3 files plugged in all the time now and don't bother with connecting/disconnecting my zune.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I leave mine in the cubby just below the USB port. Since my iPod is black, the cable is short and black and my windows tinted, it is very hard to see from the outside of the vehicle.

However, there is a notch in the center console so that you can run the USB cable supplied with the ipod into the center console and not pinch the cable when you close it. I think that would be even easier to see the wire running along side the console from the outside.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts