Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems that there a more accessories and performance mods for 09 than the 08. :( Why is that? After the 08 the engine changed and that just seems to set everythting off for the 08.

·
Registered
293 Posts
08's ended up being the red-headed step-child of the Escape world. Just about everything works for the 01-08 model years. Even some things will work on the 09's. Like the 1" lift kit.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kkreit01 said:
Heh? Accessories will be the same. I don't know of many (any) performance parts for the 09s yet? :confused:
Accessories, your right it the same, but really for the engine components.

08's ended up being the red-headed step-child of the Escape world. Just about everything works for the 01-08 model years. Even some things will work on the 09's. Like the 1" lift kit.
Really!!! What company makes that for the 08??? I would like a 2". Anyone know what size the springs are on the 08? Shoot I would even use spacers to lift a little..... There are alot of things I would like that are for 09 or genration 2 Escapes, or 2.3L. It all seems to miss the 2008 3.0

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
The powertrain was largely unchanged from 2001-2008, aside from the four-cylinder selection. The suspension bits are also pretty much the same, and I think that's true even for the 09s.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:thumb: Thanks for the spring website, I will look into it. I want to level the front end but ultimatley lift it. (the website states EXTREME LOWERING, but then states something about LIFT) :thumb:
:wall: But back 08 being a bad year. FOR EXAMPLE http://www.jetchip.com/Shop/shopdisplayproducts.asp?sppp=10&catID=1 this website for JET modules they dont have anything for 08 but they have modules for 09, I have emailed them to ask about compatibility, but I am afraid they will get back to me with a big NEGATIVE.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Same here. Go with an SCT tuner instead. The benefit with that is you can modify the tunes to accomodate any other performance upgrades you do, as well as changes to your driving habits. Most chips have a few settings at most and only deal with ECM parameters, while the SCT can go into transmission as well and has a pretty much infinite combination of settings.

Torrie's a smart guy and has done many Escapes, both for lead-foots and for drivers shooting for economy.

·
Registered
293 Posts
oskerb said:
:thumb: Thanks for the spring website, I will look into it. I want to level the front end but ultimatley lift it. (the website states EXTREME LOWERING, but then states something about LIFT) :thumb:
There are 2 different sets of springs there for both front and rear. look at the stock number. The top on is the lowering kit, the bottom the lift.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts