Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far, every single yellow escape I've seen in the Los Angeles area is driven by a female. Are there any dudes on here who have yellow escapes, or is it really a chick car? (FYI, I bought mine from a female)

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
:doh:

Let's keep it PC!

Yes sir, it's more than likely a Chick car. But don't sweat the details. You still like it, no?

:D

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
It can always be duded up a bit, add a brush guard, trail lights, and some beefier tires.
They look okay Baywatch style too ...

In general the yellow has a pretty narrow audience. Not a big fan my self but then I've talked to friends who don't like the "orange" on my ride. (That's Blazing Copper BTW!)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jonas1022 said:
:doh:

Let's keep it PC!

Yes sir, it's more than likely a Chick car. But don't sweat the details. You still like it, no?

:D
Still love it :)

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Well, it's yellow like a cute lil fluffy chick. :shades: I don't think of it as being gender specific, though. :)

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Back in 1970, the Ford Torino GT was Motor Trends' Car of the Year. It was very yellow, and had gobs of testosterone. I think it's more generational than gender.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Is a yellow Ferrari a chick car? I think not. And not sure if that is a fair comparison... just my first thought.

I like the yellow Escapes. Of course I have been accused being a little too in touch with my feminine side. :bag:

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
I think it's ok. There are usually two types of yellow on cars, one being that pale yellow on a VW Beetle and that is definitely a chick car. But the yellow on the Escapes (and most other cars) aren't "chick" in my eyes.....

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
:hyst: :hyst:

·
Registered
142 Posts
jpark said:
Prowlie's Prowler is parked inside the Garaj Mahal next to a Pontiac Sunfire?

:shock:
I thought it was a TransAm/Firebird (admittedly, Pontiac did try to make the two look similar. Problem: while the women--I mean customers--who bought Sunfires may have liked the resemblance, Firebird/TransAm buyers certainly did not appreciate it). :angel:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Yellow Sunfire...now that's a Girly Color Car.

My wife still likes the dang things. :shrug: Show her a Cavalier though and she sees that Bow Tie, it's more like Screeech! I'll never have one of those! ;-|

·
Registered
178 Posts
OOOhhh!!!!!

I don't think so! :stop: :stop: :stop: :stop:
Well, owning an SUV is supposed to convey a kinship with the great outdoors. Right? So lets add a few elements of the outdoors to our scene! ...and no, I don't know what that thing on top is, but I think it's holding some flowers.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.