Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brand new Escape has arrived!

It arrived at the end of the day Monday. My wife and I went to visit it yesterday, fill out the credit application, etc. Took delivery today, and we're just thrilled with it!

It's a 2010 Escape XLT FWD, 2.5L I4, Steel Blue, Stone leather interior, Convenience package, Cargo Convenience package, ambient lighting, Sync, remote start.

I'm loving the Sync system. Bought a portable hard drive to put my music collection and podcasts, and it's sweet! I'll try to take some more pics in the coming days.

I have named 'er "Hauley" (sounds like Holly).
:woohoo: :happy: :party:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Colleen said:
Oh Yeah ! I'm lovin' the steel blue !!! :thumb: Congrats to you and your wife! :)
Ditto! Congrats :thumb:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I love the Steel Blue and that's a pretty neat name!

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Congrats!!!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Hey I noticed in that in your picture your Escape has Michelin tires. When did ford start putting them on Escapes?

·
Registered
467 Posts
ajc6882 said:
Hey I noticed in that in your picture your Escape has Michelin tires. When did ford start putting them on Escapes?
received mine on december 2nd 09 and arrived with 17" michelin cross terrain on the sport appearance pack...

seems to be good quiet tire...

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Do all the 08+ Escapes come stock with 17" wheels? Or is that an option.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Good looking ride :thumb:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the kind words!

These are the 16" wheels. The tires are Michelin Latitude Tour, P235/70R16. http://michelinman.ca/overview/latitude-tour/3888.html. Looks like I ended up with some nice quiet tires for city and highway driving.

I managed to avoid the springtime melt and resulting puddles, which is funny because it was snowing the day I picked 'er up, but by the time I drove away the snow on the road had melted and dried. Stiff wind probably helped. The streets haven't been swept yet, so it is quite dusty in places.
I've been meaning to take some more pictures. Sorry for taking so long. Maybe tomorrow night. :bang:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok, finally took some more pics. Enjoy!

The interior is Stone colour, in leather.

Please excuse the toolbox and headrests. :)

The next 2 pics are of the wet trunk, which is part of the cargo convenience package.

My camera isn't very good at capturing the ambient lighting, but here's a shot of it in red. The button on the centre console to the right of the shifter (visible in the 6th photo) selects the colour. It's a really nice effect at night. There are lights in the footwells, the cubby under the dash, in the front cup holders, and under the rear cup holders for the rear seat passengers.

I still have yet to order floor and cargo liners, and a bug deflector for the front. I'm really enjoying my new ride! :thumb: :happy:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts