Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Escape is dirty as hell, but it is supposed to rain the rest of the week... I think I may wash it anyway...

I'm sure I need some form of mental help :)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Onefastbike said:
I'm sure I need some form of mental help :)
Judging by your avatar I would never have guessed..... :lol:

I find my Escape looks good really clean or really dirty. If I were you I'd find a mud puddle and let everyone think for the rest of the week you went 4 wheeling. :play:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I like going to the carwash when it's threatening to rain. No line up and I don't feel any pressure to do a rush job.
Even if it does rain at least I get a chance to scrub all that :cuss: brake dust off the front wheels.
I :heart: the way my Escape looks when it's clean even if there's a little rain beading up on the wax.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I've "needed" to wash my Tribby for the past, lets say, 3 months, but everytime I go to do it, it gets cloudy or I go camping/up north. Think I'm going to do it this weekend even though I'm going camping the following weekend.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
JUST DO IT!!!!

:taz: :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I agree. I wash and wax my car with out checking the weather report. WIth a few coats of some wax I can go over my car with a microfiber and some detailer to make it look all nice again! I just waxed mine yesterday and boy it looks purty.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
For me it doesn't matter about the weather... going to be rain anyway.. so I wash it and that's it. Just to get the road grime off of it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
The pollen is killing me. I washed my truck Friday, and went across the street from the car wash to get something to eat, and when I came back out there was already pollen on it. I was super pissed.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Jeff M said:
The pollen is killing me. I washed my truck Friday, and went across the street from the car wash to get something to eat, and when I came back out there was already pollen on it. I was super pissed.
I know what ya mean about the pollen. My vehicle looks worse than it has ever looked and it is killing me! :yes: I like to keep her looking good but the pollen is awful. It is hopeless at least until we get a decent rain to maybe wash some of it away. I have been rinsing her off but not gonna waste my time doing a thorough clean until the pollen is gone. Then I will do a full detail. :thumb:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'll go ahead and tell you guys my routine for pollen control. Since I pretty much wax my car once a week it stays pretty slippery. When the pollen accumulates I take a California Duster and wipe it in the same direction (to reduce swirl marks) and it takes all the pollen off. Ill follow up with some Meguiars Ultimate Detailer to spruce up the shine and help bead the rain water even more.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Our big problem is the mosquitoes, drive 5 feet and the front is covered in squishies.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
mentalcase said:
I'll go ahead and tell you guys my routine for pollen control. Since I pretty much wax my car once a week it stays pretty slippery. When the pollen accumulates I take a California Duster and wipe it in the same direction (to reduce swirl marks) and it takes all the pollen off. Ill follow up with some Meguiars Ultimate Detailer to spruce up the shine and help bead the rain water even more.
Thanks for the advice! :)

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
6foot9inchmonster said:
Our big problem is the mosquitoes, drive 5 feet and the front is covered in squishies.
Yeah the weather got better about 2 weeks ago and immediatly the bugs come out. Thats what I dont like about the east..... THE BUGS... 1,000 per cubic inch. All through out the day I get pelted by bugs....Thats why I like the winter. :fire:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I think I need to wash mine too...

Come to think of it I don't think I have washed my Jeep since January lol

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
They say it is going to rain tomorrow and I am actually hoping that it does so it will wash away some of this pollen. Then I will be able to get the Mariner looking good over the weekend. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
sinister mob said:
I wash it once a week as long as it doesn't rain. I did it yesterday and no rain coming for the whole week. I love how the color changes back to a deep blue when it is clean. That and sparkling wheels/tires. Hmmmmm... :happy:
I'm so there. I got it washed today and when I was drying the parts of the car that the car wash misses... it's awesome. It's truly a unique blue, imo.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Jeff M said:
Same with our Tribute. It's redfire from the factory, but also greenish hue has recently been added to all the horizontal surfaces...does that make it a two tone? :wacko:

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
For me if it's just the pollen and not dirt, I use my california duster. Takes it right off. Then a microfiber towel to the places it doesn't get to.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts