Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone :) I'm not sure if many people remember me.
It's been a while since I've posted on E-C.

Well the Tribute is still going strong. Just coming up to 200,000kms. The gear box is shifting a little rough but other then that haven't had any issues (touch wood.) I've recently upgraded my car and have bought a 2007 Ford Falcon. It's got 270HP 4.0L inline 6 with 290lb/ft of torque all bolted to a ZF 6 speed auto.

So hows all the long time members going? Hope you are all doing well :) Great to see so many new members, this place is thriving :thumb: This site is a real credit to you JP.

Well I thought i'd just stop by and say hello :)

- Brent

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SUVord said:
Hi Tribby.
Enjoy your new toy.
Is this the same straight 6 that the Territory comes with?
Hi there SUVord, yes it is the same engine. Do you like the Territory? I was thinking about getting one not long back.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I like everything I read about it, the straight 6 especially, but unfortunately it is not available in Europe.No complaints though with the Duratecs.

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,621 Posts
Welcome back Tribby!!!!! Don't be a stranger!!! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Hey Tribby! Great to hear from you. I like your new ride and hope it treats you well!

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Hi Tribby, long time no hear from. Glad you're still around!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Hello Tribby, seems I remember reading many posts by you even though I'm a relative newcomer. Welcome back, is your Falcon the new version of what they call the Taurus here in the states? Or is it a completely new design of the old Ford Falcon of the 60's?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great to see all the long time members are still posting, and new members posting too :thumb:

SUVord said:
I like everything I read about it, the straight 6 especially, but unfortunately it is not available in Europe.No complaints though with the Duratecs.
Yes the straight 6 is a brilliant engine, so much power and torque down low and off the line. Although I've never had any complaints either about the Duratec, very smooth and balanced and made the Escape the quickest SUV around when they first came out.

onthelam said:
Airmapper said:
.....is your Falcon the new version of what they call the Taurus here in the states? Or is it a completely new design of the old Ford Falcon of the 60's?
Hi tribby , nice to meet (I'm another newcomer). Nice ride, it puts me in mind of the Ford Fusion here in NA, perhaps more than the Taurus?
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/08q4/2010_ford_fusion-first_drive_review/gallery
Hi fellers, thanks for the compliment. Yes our Falcon is completely different from the Taurus and Fusion. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Falcon_(Australia) The main difference is the Falcon has always been powered by a straight 6 engine and always been rear wheel drive ;)

Well theres been a few more threads made since I last stopped in. Looks like i've got some reading to do....

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Yeah, you might have missed a few threads here and there.

:lol:

Welcome back!!!

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Hey I remember ya. Good to hear form you. That Falcon must be a blast. :thumb:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.