Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...But I forgot to buy any discs! :doh:

What a mistake-a to make-a!

Verdict coming soon. I've pre-ordered the 'Band of Brothers' box set, as well as 'V for Vendetta', 'Signs' and 'Transformers'.

:popcorn: :popcorn:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Congrats! We're getting one soon, too---probably the Sony BDP-S301, or the Samsung BD-UP5000 combo player (BD and HD DVD), although I'd like to go with Sony if I can.

I hope recordables work as well as DVDs do. I was just looking at restocking my CD-Rs and DVD-Rs. I happened to see a 25-disk cakebox of BD-Rs for $179.99, and a single BD-R DL for $37.99

:shock:

If BD-R is like DVD-R, though, the prices should be down to today's DVD-R levels in about a year. I hope.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine's the Sony BDP-S350.

Over here they only do the S350 & S550. The older versions were the S300 & S500. The new ones apparently decode more HD audio and have much faster load times.

I paid £200 inc. delivery for mine, so not a bad price at all. (RRP £250)

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
I finally got around to getting a HD cable for our PS3 and rented a blue ray movie. The difference is impressive. You'll like it! :beer:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're right.

The picture is very good rather than great, but I guess that's down to my TV not being 1080P or 24fps compatible.

The sound? Well it's awesome. DTS-HD Master Audio is very impressive. Full 7.1 makes all the speaker wires draped around the room worthwhile! :yes:

:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I bought a Playstation 3 a long time ago. At the time they even gave me 5 free Blu-ray discs :)

Excellent quality! Watching movies in my basement now is so great...i'd rather be in my basement then go to the theatre...my g/f seems to disagree :cuss:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts