Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Serious this time as opposed to the Porsche post below. Hopefully this consideration is not sacrilege to the Escape name.

Buddy at work just got a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and put new wheels on it and is offering his old wheels for free. Will these fit? 18" x 7.5", 32" tires? His email..."If you're serious, you can have them if you like. 18" wheels with bolt pattern 5 on 5 (you can buy adapters if your rig has a different bolt pattern) Tires are basically new …255/70R-18 All terrain. Approximately 32" tall

I would rather not mess with adapters if I don't have to. Any worries with larger tires? Quick hack at looks below.

If they do fit... Yay or Nay? :shrug:

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
The tires are a nay, and if the bolt pattern is 5x5, that is wrong as well. Our bolt pattern is 5x4.5. The tallest tire we can fit is a 30", 31" if you find a skinny one.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Squishy! Worth a try. It's a good thing I really like the wheels on there now. If the tires were quieter, that would be nice...next set.

It's interesting that anytime we can get some free we'll give up something we like for something we might like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts