Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to see what a deer can do at 60 mph? The escape won though.

Five weeks later, and $10k paid out by Geico, I got her back. She was good as new.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Ouch, been there done that. $8k in damage to mine after I got a deer on each headlight, a buck and a doe. Technically one of them ran into me. I was so disappointed, I was that that point where the nose hops back up after a hard stop, 3 inches and I would have been fine. Actually the damage was pretty much limited to the headlights, and a buckled hood latch. It was good as new in no time.

I seen my neighbors Jeep Liberty after a similar deer hit like yours dfran, but probably at a much slower speed. It was torn all to heck on the front. The bumper cover was shattered and the lights were dangling by their wires. I think Escapes hold up very well to front end collisions given the comparison.

My Escape has got hit in the front by those 2 deer and a Chevy Tahoe. All are reasons I now have a Brush Guard. It paid for itself the day a Subaru stalled in traffic and rolled back on me at a stop light. Neither of us suffered any damage, and the only place I found was a half-dollar sized smudge on the rubber coated "push bar" part of my rack. I literally held him in place till he got it started again. I hope I don't hit a deer with it, but I feel a bit better thinking I have that extra bit of protection before it hits the really expensive bits of my truck.

Here is a pic of my encounter with the Tahoe. Came close to totaling my poor Escape. But it lives again with a little more armor should the unfortunate happen.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Airmapper said:
Ouch, been there done that. $8k in damage to mine after I got a deer on each headlight, a buck and a doe. Technically one of them ran into me. I was so disappointed, I was that that point where the nose hops back up after a hard stop, 3 inches and I would have been fine. Actually the damage was pretty much limited to the headlights, and a buckled hood latch. It was good as new in no time.

I seen my neighbors Jeep Liberty after a similar deer hit like yours dfran, but probably at a much slower speed. It was torn all to heck on the front. The bumper cover was shattered and the lights were dangling by their wires. I think Escapes hold up very well to front end collisions given the comparison.

My Escape has got hit in the front by those 2 deer and a Chevy Tahoe. All are reasons I now have a Brush Guard. It paid for itself the day a Subaru stalled in traffic and rolled back on me at a stop light. Neither of us suffered any damage, and the only place I found was a half-dollar sized smudge on the rubber coated "push bar" part of my rack. I literally held him in place till he got it started again. I hope I don't hit a deer with it, but I feel a bit better thinking I have that extra bit of protection before it hits the really expensive bits of my truck.

Here is a pic of my encounter with the Tahoe. Came close to totaling my poor Escape. But it lives again with a little more armor should the unfortunate happen.
It looks like nothing happen to the Tahoe. How hard was the hit?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just ran out and took a pic. I installed the billet grille, deflector, and short antenna today. Next comes HID lamps.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
US MARINER 1 said:
Airmapper said:
It looks like nothing happen to the Tahoe. How hard was the hit?
About 25-30 mph. I had no reaction time to brake whatsoever, so it was a good solid smack. Airbags didn't come out though. I think I hit a good structural point on that Tahoe, that and it's a larger vehicle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts