Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
So I just got a JVC dvd/navigation system installed in my 2010 Escape xlt. It's a double din, so I had to purchase a new panel, antenna adapter, and a schosche crab wiring harness. My question is since I had to get the special wiring harness, I thought this would allow me keep the top electronic display i.e. it works like normal. All it says now is 'DVD' , nothing else, not even the clock.
I never had sync so that's not an issue.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Clock runs of the radio and what wiring harness did you use.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Sinister Mob here has a thread where he bought some PAC module that let him use the display with a after market stereo. I don't remember which one it was, though.

·
Registered
836 Posts
The top display section gets the information from the stock HU. Once you remove that, some of the functions no longer show up like song, radio station, etc. I used the PAC harness to retain the Sync (mostly the Aux and USB plugs). But in both cases, once the stock HU is removed, the information no longer works on the display. Give it a month. After that you won't miss it at all.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sinister mob said:
The top display section gets the information from the stock HU. Once you remove that, some of the functions no longer show up like song, radio station, etc. I used the PAC harness to retain the Sync (mostly the Aux and USB plugs). But in both cases, once the stock HU is removed, the information no longer works on the display. Give it a month. After that you won't miss it at all.
Okay thanks...I just thought the whole point of the expensive WH was to keep all the info on the screen still, Oh well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts