Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed PHOENIX GOLD 6.5" 240w COMPONENT SPEAKERS RSD65CS Phoenix Gold RSD250.2 200-Watt 2-Channel amp. THANKS TO BREENSY for the speaker and amp install!! :thumb: I was very surprised to find good deadening in the doors from ford. There was closed cell foam glued to the door and sound deadener inside the door. There was a small piece of silver deadener on each inside door! I also added more second skin deadener on the doors, and i can tell u it's very important for great sound! All i can say about these speakers is HOLY S$#T!! Its like having subs in the doors and the highs are fantastic! These speakers were recomended to me by fourthmeal and they were a bargin at 69us$. The reviews on these were just outstanding and hearing them for my self, i would totally agree!!!! :beer: :beer: Put the crossovers in the door.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Cool beans. I have read lots of good things about these. Did you mount the cross-overs in the door, or run new wires through the molex? I'm just curious because I plan to tackle mine soon. On my truck, I mounted the cross-overs in the door (which is the easiest route, but more prone to issues).

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I put them in the door between the foam

·
Registered
328 Posts
yeah most people run into the problem when they have a large cross-over and place it INSIDE the door cavity where the window sits when rolled down. this is not a good spot as lots of moisture sits here, but ive still seen people pull it off. however if you can put them between the door skin and the actual door (like andjayik did) they will be fine there.

·
Registered
490 Posts
andjayik said:
Ya I put them in the door between the foam
Now that I'm home -- and can see the pics, I guess that was quite the dumb question. Thanks for the pics. Now I know what I'm getting into.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts