Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So our new adventure started a few weeks ago…we took delivery of a used '05 Escape. It's an XLT V6 4WD. No frills in or out aside from the fact we really think it looks sharp. We chose the Escape after driving a VUE, Rouge, Murano, Escape (4cyl), RAV$, Mazda 5, Mazda CX-7, Blazer, Santa Fe to name a few (maybe all :) ), some were new some were used. The Mazda's were a close second. That CX-7…oh my gosh!

Anyhow, I've been vacationing around the Escape digital world dropping in on different spots looking for a place to settle down. After seeing what's out there (and getting the cold shoulder from the "center" of the Escape universe) I found that Escape City was most desirable. So here I am. I'm not sure what I can contribute being a new Escape owner (and a Ford product for that matter). I will most likely leech a bit while figuring out the various quarks and things the Escape is blessed with. So forgive the string of "what about" threads in the coming months. It was certified pre-owned so it has some warranty 'till mid 2010 and might need some advise on how to manage that.

I'm excited to be here and look forward to many happy postings.

I know, lousy pic, the camera is shot. No tint on the front...yet), I PhotoShop'd the drivers window protect the little Mrs identity.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Welcome to E-C!!! Your first post (picture of the day) will make you fit right in!!!

Don't worry about the questions. Ask away! I had a 2005 Redfire Limited that was built on the first day of the production of 2005 models, so I'll be able to answer almost anything.

Thanks for joining, and welcome! :beer:

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
:welcome:
I saw from the pics section that you will have a long adjustment period to try and fit in around here, this is a totally serious board!
:play:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:bill:

Did I walk into the wrong room again?

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
jpark said:

Did I walk into the wrong room again?
Maybe.......... :hyst:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:cuss:

At least there wasn't a bucket over the door this time.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aw gee whiz, thanks for the warm welcome, I can hardly hold back the tears...

...of laughter!

I think I'll like it here.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Make sure you have the optional bucket-over-the-door clause in your policy.

It'll pay for the tacos you drop on the floor when it happens.

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Welcome to the city! I'm sure you'll have a great time here. :beer:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey weebee, don't let my wife see your Escape, you may not see it again. She loves that color, :kneel: or the blue the new hybrids come in.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
futameca said:
I'm excited to be here and look forward to many happy postings.
We're excited to have you here!! :yahoo: Welcome and thanks for posting a pic of your Escape! Nice!! :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
14,902 Posts
Welcome, futameca! Nice Escape....pssst, to avoid the bucket thing, just give the "boss" a DQ Blizzard, he calms right down. :D

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Sometimes, it takes more than just one.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
jpark said:
Sometimes, it takes more than just one.
Quit fooling yourself...1 blizzard and you are goo goo ga ga'n like a little baby!!

Welcome to the boards! Great looking ride you got there! Don't worry about asking too many questions. I was the exact same way when I joined the boards. Now I have contributed to a few things such as my install thread of my exhaust and a few others. You will be right in with us in about....well actually you already are!! What color is your interior? If it's a certain color I know someone who has a peice for your first mod :yes:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You will be right in with us in about....well actually you already are!! What color is your interior? If it's a certain color I know someone who has a peice for your first mod :yes:
Our interior is Grey...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts