Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, heres a scary thought, the L/H wing mirror on my coach at work is worth at least double what my Maverick is worth, :shock: according to Landrover GB.................

L/H replacement Wing mirror for my coach is £1500.00

Maverick worth £750.00

Crazy or what........................................... :shrug:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, my local Landrover dealer offered me £750.00 for the Maverick in part exchange for a 2 year old £18,000.00 Discovery :censor: :censor: :worry:

The mirror price is per arm, obviously the coach requires 2 of them....

Another shock price is the coach windscreen, replacement cost is £3500.00, PLUS fitting :shock:

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Wow, a 2.0 L 2003 Escape goes for about $7000 CAD here. Even a 2001 XLS is about $5000 CAD.

You Brits really hate American cars, eh?

EDIT: Our trade-in value for the 2003 Escape is about $4500 CAD. Still quite a bit more. :shrug:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Recently when my mom was looking to trade her '02 Tribby in, it was appraised for $4,000... she was not happy considering less than a full two years ago she paid $10,000 cash :lol:
Mine ('05) was appraised at $7500... :cuss:

Needless to say we kept both of them.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
I had the same problem, I was offered $8700 from a dealer for my Escape, when it was purchased new for $20,500 less than 3 years beforehand. Car dealers are such ripoff artists....

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
arbs said:
thats a daft trade price, even being very harsh.

check this for a free glass's valuation which is pretty realistic
http://www.networkq.co.uk/nq/buyers/valuecar.do

funny i've been considering discos myself lately but also drawn to cayennes and touaregs!
cheers Arbs, says it should be £1750.00, more like it.

Leave the german cars, go for a Range Rover Sport instead, their prices have bombed of late, there was a 54 plate one for sale in Leeds recently with 40,000 miles for £12,000.00, :shock: sold within days, it was at a Mercedes Dealership :shrug:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I once had a 1973 Maverick that I drove right up into the back of straight job truck and moved it back east after living in Chandler Arizona for about six months. What a wild ride that was for sure back in 1975. Missed my family and came back to N.Y. One of the best cars I ever owned with leather package and landau roof and Pioneer stereo. Loved it, wished I still had it sitting in a garage somewhere. Those were the days my city friends. :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.