Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

K&N Filter for 2009 Escape, Mariner and Tribute... Finally!

6K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  angelmargret 
#1 ·
*** Pics added!!! ***

I just received an email for a stock replacement filter for the 09 up cars. This is the link and what it says. I ordered one and will send some pics when I get it next week and installed.

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product ... rod=E-1990

Install pdf: http://www.knfilters.com/instructions/E-1990_inst.pdf

K&N's replacement air filters are designed to increase horsepower and acceleration while providing excellent filtration. We make over 1,200 different replacement air filters for virtually every vehicle on the road. These filters are washable and reusable and are custom designed to fit into your existing factory air box. Their drop-in design means adding performance is simple. With most vehicles you simply remove the disposable air filter and replace it with a K&N. See applicable instruction sheet for details. Our stock replacement air filters for street vehicles are covered by our famous K&N Million-Mile Limited Warranty™ and will be THE LAST AIR FILTER YOUR VEHICLE WILL EVER NEED. [MORE]

Part E-1990 Product Specifications
Product Style: Round Air Filter
Height: 9.938 in (252 mm)
Inner Wire: No
Inside Diameter: 3.125 in (79 mm)
Outside Diameter: 5.938 in (151 mm)
Top Style: Rubber
Top Material/Finish: None
CFM: 180.5
Filter Re-Oiling Amount: 3.76 oz (111 ml)
Weight: 2.4 lb (1.1 kg)
Product Box Length: 6.31 in (160 mm)
Product Box Width: 6.31 in (160 mm)
Product Box Height: 10.19 in (259 mm)

K&N E-1990 Inventory Status
USA: In stock
United Kingdom: Not in stock

Available Information
E-1990 Vehicle Applications
E-1990 Cross Reference
Installation Instruction Sheet
Large Picture
Medium Picture
Small Picture
News Story - K&N Develops High-Flow Lifetime Air Filter For 2009 Ford, Mazda, And Mercury SUV Trio

See less See more
#3 ·
#4 ·
$53 delivered.

#6 ·
I understand and should have it Thursday. I like that fact that its a direct swap unlike the green. I'm all into modifications and have no problem puttting parts on that aren't always a perfect fit, but the car I rely on daily needs to fit right. Now if SCT would just get a VXB1 calibration into their system!!!! :horse:

#7 ·
The thing is that if you get both the K&N filter and a Magnaflow exhaust system, it doesn't really help, right? Or is that with a cold air intake and an exhaust system? I have already made the exhaust system a mod to complete in the future... I just read these things about K&N and oil (etc.) and I don't know if I like the trouble; however, the idea of being more sustainable/eco-friendly is pretty appearling.

Also, if you just pull the cover off the air box, won't airflow be better that way?

#8 ·
what do u mean unlike the green? It was a direct swap, just gave them the dimensions and they made one up. Fits perfectly.

#9 ·
The green doesn't clip in like the OE. Its a moot point, (believe me I know all about aftermarket not fitting-- I have two lifts and do work on the side) but for this vehicle I wanted exact. Green is fine and would have suited me if K&N didn't bring out a product so quickly. Compare the "flower petals" as I call them lacking on the Green to the K&N:

#10 ·
the flower pedals do nothing. I bought it cause nothing was put out :beer: at the time. Have not had any problems, and don't need another filter now for some time.

#11 ·
Pics added on post #1.

#13 ·
Sorry, updated them.

#15 ·
Pretty much as expected, nothing other than maybe the placebo effect. Its been raining here and only did the drive into work today with it on/in.

#17 ·
Yeah, I had to put it on the lift lol! Good point. Takes longer to get in the car to pop open the hood then to replace it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.