Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with upgrading to Katzkin... and how difficult is the procedure? And the cost? I would really like having leather seats with trim to match my Escape's blue (or as close as possible).

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I would like to know too. I got the number to a dealer, Ill call Tuesday to fond out prices butI know its gonna an expensive buy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just got a quote today.

To have the front and back all converted to katzkin it will cost $1099 + Tax.

If I wanted heated seats in the the front it would be $300 + Tax extra.

I will be having this conversion done within the next few months.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:cry: is the quote for the base level stuff or the top-of-the-line materials? I guess it's still better quality than OEM leather...

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well... I was thinkin' about a two-tone seat, so I might have to wait for that one then... :bang:

·
Registered
254 Posts
i have the katzkin in my escape. if you can put a pillow in its case, mash velcro, mash on snaps, zip a zipper and remove a few bolts and put them back how they came....its not bad. just plan a good day to do it. theyre not hard at all. except you have to take both front seats out and take the base off. its all bolts plus unplugging the sensors. the only tool you may have to buy is a large star socket to remove the seat belt bolts. other than that its just normal socket sizes. let me know if you go this route and have any problems or questions. also i bought my whole set off of ebay for 200 shipped from a katzkin dealer. someone had ordered them and never picked them up, so i got them dirt cheap.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ya can you please post some pics. On ebay I am looking at about $855.00 for the leather kit. Then for the heated seats I am looking about about 200. So I think I am just going to have them installed professional with heated seats for about $1300.

·
Registered
254 Posts
i sure will here in a day or so when i post picts of my new beltronics remote radar detector install.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Katzkin- ... ccessories

for those of you with the stone or camel-colored interior... 'puddy' is pretty much what you want (look at katzkin.com for a comparison). have at it.
because $295 is a long way off from $900. this is for a 2008+ escape

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the camel leather in mine, but would really like two tone as well. I like the camel for the center of the seats, but would like a gray to match my exterior, a dark brown, or a darker tan to match the darker portions of the dash...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Does anyone know if there is any diff between 2004 seats and 2005 seats besides the 3rd headrest in the back? I am seeing some Katzkin covers for 2002-2004 for cheap so I want to know if I can use these on my 2005? Mine is an XLS and does not have side air bags.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jas88 said:
Does anyone know if there is any diff between 2004 seats and 2005 seats besides the 3rd headrest in the back? I am seeing some Katzkin covers for 2002-2004 for cheap so I want to know if I can use these on my 2005? Mine is an XLS and does not have side air bags.
I (95%) doubt that there is a difference.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
:thumb:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Tang said:
I (95%) doubt that there is a difference.
The rear seats in our 2001 latched into place differently than our 2008 & 2010 do. In fact, the 2001's rear seats had an adjustable backrest that could be reclined a bit. I'm not sure when that change happened (probably for the 2005 model year) or if it affects the seat covers, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

On a somewhat related note, there is a difference between the shape of the seats in my Dad's 2008 and my 2010. The top pic is the 2008; the bottom is the 2010.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The 2008 looks like it still carries the same shape as the 2001-07 Escapes.

I wonder if you can mix-and-match certain headrests.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Tang said:
The 2008 looks like it still carries the same shape as the 2001-07 Escapes.

I wonder if you can mix-and-match certain headrests.
Actually, our 2001 had headrests that were integrated into the backrest like this:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts