Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to sell my kit. My son is using the Escape alot now and he will likely end up with the Surfcape here soon, the way things are going.

Kenne Bell kit
http://www.kennebell.net/superchargers/ford/30escape-tribute/30escape-tribute.htm

http://www.motortrend.com/features/performance/112_0108_2001_kenne_bell_ford_escape/index.html

6000 miles and in excellent condition.

Fit 3.0l duratec in the mariner, tribute or ecscape. Also can work on taurus, cougar, sables with some modification.

It comes complete, less the 40# fuel injectors (your tuner may want to increase this size so it is left out of the kit. I kept them on my engine just to save time). A set is about $150 bucks.

Kit includes the 1.5 ltr polished autorotor twin spool compressor.
All brackets, ducting and hardware
Instructions to install
Drive pulley
6PSI and 9PSI pulley
X-cal 3 (you will need to get the tunes to fit your PMCs catch code = $50)

Once installed you should get it dynoed and tuned properly for your particular set up.

Originally these were $3800 plus plus plus. I'm looking for $2200 plus shipping.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I wonder how quickly my tranny would blow if I put that on there lol

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
:hyst: BC Don't even go there!

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Big Chris said:
EDIT:

Deleted my post. Came across wrong. :doh:
Huh? :confused: Now you have piqued my interest. :calvin:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I have a tranny

:bill:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Feel free to chime in at any time, Jim.

:lol:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is this still for sale?

·
Registered
416 Posts
That's surprising. I would've jumped on it, if I had the money.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wish I had the extra scratch, I would love to join the supercharged ranks. Wonder why are you getting rid of it. going a different way?

As they say: Injection is nice but I'd rather be blown.

Tim

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm looking to get $2000 for the kit which includes everything but the injectors and your tune of choice.

The kits adds roughly about 50 to the wheels depending on the psi your running I have the 6 and 9 PSI pulleys.

Why sell it? My 17 year old son is driving the escape about 1/2 the time these days and It is too much of a temptation to show off so I have taken it off (for now) If it does not sell it will go back on when he gets his own car.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Oh man if you were my dad I would be pissed! :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I didn't either...I bought my own car at 15. Never wanted to take my parents cars!

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I always used my Dad's car after passing my test, at the time it was a Brand new Range Rover (1988), god, that used to :censor: my friends off :D
Still use his cars now, if we are off to a special occasion, or he doesn't need them ( present choice of a Range Rover Sport, or his brand new Mazda 6(aka the shopping car) :thumb:
It does annoy my boss at work, when I turn up in the Rangie, a better car than his (4 year old BMW 3 series):yahoo: ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts