Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my double din headunit installed yesterday. It has the GPS add on. I have it running RCA's back to my amps and then from the amp to the stock wire harness behind the head unit.

The touch screen tone does not work all of a sudden for some reason. It worked in my last car. :wall:

Normally when touching anything on the GPS screen it beeps. All settings are set to on. I have tried everything.

any ideas?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I talked with kenwood and they said that the beep noise is only put out through the speaker wire on the harness and not through the RCA pre outs. They said I could use the high level input on my amp but I just dont want to have to re-wire everything. any ideas on what I can do?

ALSO: I have the american international dash kit for my 05 escape and have now idea how to pull it out. It is clipped in. does anybody have any experience with this kit?

·
Registered
99 Posts
is it the one with the clip? Can you show a photo or the model? If it is like mines, I use a very thin butter knife and slide it where the clip clamps it in place, then I would pull the stereo out, from the left then the right side.

·
Registered
293 Posts
If the only thing its going to do is beep, Hell go find a cheap 1 inch dome tweeter and mount it under the dash. Run said speaker wire directly to speaker. Seems the easy way to do it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im just going to have to get used to it not beeping anymore. I just had it for so long that it seems weird when it does not make a noise.

If I were to do a small dome tweeter under the dash it would also play music out of it which I think would sound kind of odd.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Ratjack2k5 said:
Im just going to have to get used to it not beeping anymore. I just had it for so long that it seems weird when it does not make a noise.

If I were to do a small dome tweeter under the dash it would also play music out of it which I think would sound kind of odd.
You're right I didn't even thing about that, but honestly you probably wouldn't even here it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.