Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my boy decided to play soccer this year, he seems pretty good, but only get's to practice w/the team 2x week for 1hr. So the first game last sat sucked, lost like 8-4 (granted most of the other kids were 2x his size too) but the ref kept blowing the wistle for this & that, and not throwing the ball in properly, and I guess free kicks (from the field and from the sideline).
Sadly I know nothing except don't touch the ball with your hands! :confused:

SO anyone got any goo youtube videos or sites for beginner parents to learn some rules, and maybe some tips for the boy?

Forgot to post my 'tube videos I made of my boy, #3, black team

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
My grand son is playing for his third yeard. They are just to the place where they are playing what most folks would call Soccer. The first year they were all scared of the ball as well as each other. The Goalie would be busy watching butterflies and dogs to pay attention to what the other team was doing. This year he has scored a few shots and is really having FUN. They do have to grow up with the Game. :shades:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
So, did you do a youtube search. Or maybe a search in general for rules and the like? May depend a little on the "league" insofar as rules are concerned. Or maybe age related. I'm not a soccer fan, nor player. Just a guess based on our years with sponsering church youth and dealing with their issues in the world. In other words, second hand information. ;)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i used to play soccer all the time. until i blew my knee out in 04. i finally stopped all together after my back got busted. its a great game!!.

http://www.soccer-fans-info.com/soccer-rules.html

i only looked briefly at this site, but it looks like lots of info for you!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, looks like a good link!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
thanks to a trench (military steel reinforced type). and some wights at the gym. i dont ever expect to play soccer again. my daughter decided that she didnt want to play this summer, but im hoping to convince her next year. and might get into coaching.,

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Working with kids was some of the best years I ever had. Sponsored the youth program at our church (about ten years), the Cub Scouts (four or five years), the Boy Scouts (a couple years), and a Girl Scout Troop way back when...

Teaching kids to do things when they want to learn is truly rewarding! Coaching, imo, is just about the best thing a Dad could do with his kids. Sometimes a fella gets to meet some pretty neat people in the process too!

We met Pudge Rodriguez when he was a kid just up from the minor leagues years ago, and had just started with the Texas Rangers :yahoo: . Met a couple other celebrities in the process at other youth functions as well :thumb: . Lots of fun for the adults too you see! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts