Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was at my local Home Depot yesterday evening, obviously outfitted with Ford test equipment. Speculate at-will.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
MichaelJD1980 said:
This was at my local Home Depot yesterday evening, obviously outfitted with Ford test equipment. Speculate at-will.

Very interesting.
I wonder what they are going to come up with at the front which is shown with a deceptive add-on.All else looks the same with the European edition.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SUVord said:
Very interesting.
I wonder what they are going to come up with at the front which is shown with a deceptive add-on.All else looks the same with the European edition.
My guess: EcoBoost. I think it's probably extra room for the intercooler or turbo plumbing. The rear bumper was also all hacked up with two tailpipes sticking out. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a picture of that.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
:doh:
Not a fan.....

·
Registered
114 Posts
overall I like it, but my personal preference would be something a bit more rugged looking, and move the mirror mount up to where it belongs.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Something seems wrong. A "pre-production" vehicle is spotted and only a "front" photo is provided? Why did you only take one photo? Or did you take more and haven't posted them yet?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hey! I saw one today too...but I think it said "Hyundai Tuscon" on the back....or Maybe it was "Nissan Rogue"...or was it "Honda CRV"...so confusing :confused:

Actually, the other day a Ford C-Max passed me on the QEW in Oakville, very close to the Ford Plant and Ford Canada HQ, with Michigan manufacturer plates on it. No, I did not get a pic (cell phone use being illegal and all while driving...). Looks like Ford is bringing the whole Euro line over here then, which is not a bad thing entirely. Although I still prefer my Escape over the swoopy mini SUV clones out there.

·
Registered
93 Posts
ugly, i dont like it at all, looks to crossover like

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Billyk said:
Something seems wrong. A "pre-production" vehicle is spotted and only a "front" photo is provided? Why did you only take one photo? Or did you take more and haven't posted them yet?
I think, since this is the current model Kuga being sold in Europe, that this is more aptly characterized as a test mule. I only got one shot because I saw it when I backed out of my spot, wheeled around into that aisle in the lot, snapped the pic, and when I pulled around to the back to get another, the guy driving it was walking up to get in. I felt funny snapping pics of his car from my driver's seat. :blush:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I just got home a few minutes ago from my Euro trip. Went to Spain, Monnaco, France, Italy, Majorca(spain), and Capri(Italy). Great time! I was able to see a few Kugas up close and I would buy one. They need to make the front and rear facias more aggressive though. It looks just like a Nissan Murano. Also saw the new Ford KA which is like a tiny Fiesta. It looked like they cut about 2ft off the fiesta. Very tiny.

·
Registered
324 Posts
ajc6882 said:
Also saw the new Ford KA which is like a tiny Fiesta. It looked like they cut about 2ft off the fiesta. Very tiny.
Almost ran one over on the Autoban, very annoying almost like a Smart car. Some dont understand that their car is a driving death trap on the highway and so they shouldnt be driving so aggressive with such a small car. :bang:

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Katscan said:
ajc6882 said:
Also saw the new Ford KA which is like a tiny Fiesta. It looked like they cut about 2ft off the fiesta. Very tiny.
Almost ran one over on the Autoban, very annoying almost like a Smart car. Some dont understand that their car is a driving death trap on the highway and so they shouldnt be driving so aggressive with such a small car. :bang:
It is very interesting that the few comments here about the Kuga represent the sales "achievement" this model has in Europe...despite the fact that it also comes with a diesel engine, besides the 2.5 turbo.I guess that is the reason that Ford is trying to tie the knot between the Escape and the Kuga.That also complies with the Blue Oval's decision to cut on the number of models availability and at the same time create a more unified global market.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Yeah cool model but this is suppose to replace the Escape (retoricle) :doh: NOOOOOOOOO :wall:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts