Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my wife and I were proud to bring home our new daughter in Kurochan, our Escape. We bought the Escape to have a nice big (mostly) steel cocoon wrapped around our most precious treasure.

Kurochan is charged with transporting and protecting our beautiful daughter, Rin Ann, who was born on 30 July 2010. Both mommy and baby are home, happy and healthy and daddy is exhausted but happy, having enjoyed a shower and (currently enjoying) several beers.

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,593 Posts
Congratulations on your new addition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cbramsey said:
Congratulations on your new addition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks very much! The happiest day(s) of my life and they are just beginning! Here's another picture of Rin...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Congrats! My wife and I are expecting our first child on December 5th, and our un-named Escape is in charge of keeping Marshall safe and sound as well!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BurghBeagle said:
Congrats! My wife and I are expecting our first child on December 5th, and our un-named Escape is in charge of keeping Marshall safe and sound as well!
Thanks! I wish you all the best! It's an incredible feeling, being a Dad.

I passed your congrats on to my wife and told her that you hailed from Pittsburgh. My wife said thanks and "Go Pens!" (She's a huge Pens fan, but she is Japanese and is still learning English, so Sidney Crosby comes out as "Grosby" and she calls Evgeni Malkin "Anakin" (Yes, as in Skywalker)).

On a serious Escape note as a parent, the only complaint I have is that you can't use LATCH/LUAS in the rear center seat with most car seats. Certainly something I hope they address in 2012!

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Congrats to you and your wife! Rin is beautiful!! :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dasha said:
Thank you very much! I appreciate everyone's comments. And I promise to stop quoting and replying soon (I hope you can all forgive me... the feeling is just still so awesome!)

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
:yahoo:CONGRATS!!!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
US MARINER 1 said:
CONGRATULATIONS! Best wishes to you guys, God Bless her.
Thank you! I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oskerb said:
:yahoo:CONGRATS!!!!!
Thanks, Oskerb. Yours is truly one of my favorite Escapes.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Kurochan said:
Dasha said:
Thank you very much! I appreciate everyone's comments. And I promise to stop quoting and replying soon (I hope you can all forgive me... the feeling is just still so awesome!)
Quote and reply all you want, proud papa!! :beer:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dasha said:
Kurochan said:
Dasha said:
Quote and reply all you want, proud papa!! :beer:
Very kind of you!

I wanted to post from the operating room, but it was too hard to upload photos from my iPhone with one hand while I was holding my wife's hand with my other.

And then they gave me the baby and I forgot about the phone and almost left it there!

(This great shot taken by the kind anesthesiologist)

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Awwww... So cute! Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks everybody. Our first night home with baby was a lot of waking up, changing and feeding and not much in the sleep department, but just looking at her makes it all worth it.

Tonight after we give her a bath, I think I'll wash Kurochan, to thank her for getting baby home safely!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts