Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Camus!.
If money was no option, this is the model 4x4 i would go for.
Obviously at my current time of life, it shall remain a dream.
I hope to see the retirement years.

If the finances are safe i would seriously consider, a LANDROVER for my retiring age.
Definitely has to be the twin turbo diesel. :drool:
The escape suits my present lifestyle.
Have allways yearned for a proper 4x4 vehicle.
I took note of Landrover history, for many years as a quiet observer.

Love the styling on it.
Still looks like a proper 4x4, but now there is a touch of elegance.
I can see harmony, in the design of Landrovers Discovery 4.
Have watched some " YOU TUBE " videos.
Quite aware it is not, everyones ' cup of tea ', but it has me intrigued.
I regard it ,as having a certain road presence.
Not overly aggressive or too bland.
Does not appear too masculine, or overtly feminine.

I find the styling to be inspiring.
Basically the shape is something, i would not be bored witless of, or become tired with.
Unfortunate that it is so expensive.
Out of all the photos, i like the drivers commanding view, in photo 12 and 19 scrolling down the page.
Also the, sumptuos cabin interior is tormenting. :cry: :shades: :thumb: :drool: :drool: :heart: :cry:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/43790/land- ... y-4-review

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
A great, and very capable 4X4 and although way out of my price range, at $60K-$70K canadian, it's better priced than a Lincoln navigator ($70K-$75K) and only half the price of a Mercedes G class.
We can all dream ...

·
Registered
490 Posts
Wait 2 years, and buy a slightly used one for half price. That thing really likes to go swimming.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Apologies for the delay in replying, Stone, but I very rarely look at this particular forum area :doh:

Yep, the Disco3 is what I am looking at to replace our Maverick, but Landrover Dealers won't give me a decent Part Exchange price as yet...

Basically, the Disco4 has only really gained a Range Rover Sport front grille, and different rear lights, so the 3 makes better sense, esp a 2 year old one for me, let somebody else pay for the depreciation, as over here after 3 years they are only worth 1/2 the cost of new....

Must be in Black though, with cream leather interior for me.

HOWEVER, they are known to suffer from various faults of an expensive nature, esp the electronics, and air suspension, so you do need a deep pocket, or a comprehensive warrenty when purchasing one..

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
camusdarrach said:
Apologies for the delay in replying, Stone, but I very rarely look at this particular forum area :doh:

Yep, the Disco3 is what I am looking at to replace our Maverick, but Landrover Dealers won't give me a decent Part Exchange price as yet...

Basically, the Disco4 has only really gained a Range Rover Sport front grille, and different rear lights, so the 3 makes better sense, esp a 2 year old one for me, let somebody else pay for the depreciation, as over here after 3 years they are only worth 1/2 the cost of new....

Must be in Black though, with cream leather interior for me.

HOWEVER, they are known to suffer from various faults of an expensive nature, esp the electronics, and air suspension, so you do need a deep pocket, or a comprehensive warrenty when purchasing one..
They are def. not reliable, and most warranties around here are scheduled to not include those items that fail on the LR sport utes ...but the one your wanting will at least look pretty! :thumb:

I did look at one my son's best friend had for sale a couple years ago. It was a dark metallic blue with the cream leather interior. Beautiful truck! Drove and rode great! Got like 8 miles per gallon :shock: . Then again, it had that old Buick aluminum V-8 that General Motors sold British Leyland back in the day. He sold it to someone for $12K and was glad to get it. Sorry, I don't remember the model year. I think it was a 2004.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts