Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was taking a pic of the neighbors truck as contrast of the recent snow(for the "weather" thread) I have been seening all day and these wheels struck me...

Those rims look larger than mine, and the design is very similar. Is it possible to switch out to a larger Ford factory rim as pictured, instead of buying aftermarket rims? I would venture to guess that it is easier and less costly to find factory rims for a F-150 vs. aftermarket rims for a Ford Escape. Then again I'm a nub for not remembering the wheel lug distance after reading it several times across different threads...

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
I know the bolt pattern is 5 x 114.3, or (I think) 5 x 4.5.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I too am wondering the same thing...

You of course need to worry about the overall diameter. I think that most F-150 rims like you have shown are 17" rims and they also have much larger tires.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
if you go with teh 17" rim, just go with a lower profile tire.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I doubt F150 wheels will fit the Escape. If you check the Ford Ranger message boards, many Ranger owners swap their factory wheels for Mustang wheels. It appears Ford uses two sizes of 5 lug wheels. The smaller one fits the Ranger, Mustang, Taurus and other "small" vehicles. The F150, Expedition, Excursion and other larger ones use another size. I'm willing to bet the Escape uses the same bolt pattern as the Ranger, Mustang, etc.

Search for wheels on Summit Racing. If you drill down using the year, make, model, it will take you to the right bolt pattern.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
You're right. I Googled it and the F150 has a 5 x 135 mm bolt pattern.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Well the Ranger does have similar rims like the F-150 doesn't it?

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
propellerhead said:
I doubt F150 wheels will fit the Escape. If you check the Ford Ranger message boards, many Ranger owners swap their factory wheels for Mustang wheels.
There is an Escape with Mustang Bullitt wheels on it somewhere, his forum name was Norcal. Anyways, they are the same bolt pattern.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts