Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for show --- It amazes me that the majority of taxis in Las Vegas are Escapes! With the average daily summer temperature in the desert at around 110 degrees, they take quite a pounding and keep on running. The driver I spoke to has 143,000 miles on his 2006 V6 and had replaced the alternator four times but had no other major problems. I find that amazing! He was using straight synthetic Valvoline 5W-30 every 6,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
socalmark said:
Just for show --- It amazes me that the majority of taxis in Las Vegas are Escapes! With the average daily summer temperature in the desert at around 110 degrees, they take quite a pounding and keep on running. The driver I spoke to has 143,000 miles on his 2006 V6 and had replaced the alternator four times but had no other major problems. I find that amazing! He was using straight synthetic Valvoline 5W-30 every 6,000 miles.

Being from HB, I hope your a guttermouth fan?

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
The city of Minneapolis uses mostly Ford Escapes (once in a while you find a Jeep Liberty among the fleet) for parking meter duty... although I spotted one in Park Police decor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts