Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and couldn't find anything... I have a 2008 Escape Hybrid and took it in for 60,000 mile service.. They tell me I have a leak in one of my rear shocks... I asked if it was still under warranty.. Was told that my front shocks and struts are covered under the warranty but my rear shocks and struts are not...

Was told the back set up of the shocks and struts are different then the front... I am wondering if anyone has had this problem? Also how long do shocks usually last?

Could the weight of the battery affect how long my shocks and struts last??

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
The front of the Escape has struts. The back has shocks. Look at the rear shocks yourself. I've been told 3 times that they were leaking by the dealership & other mechanics. After the second time I was told this, 6 months after I had them changed @ Sears, I took it to Midas and asked them to take a look and they told me (and showed me) that they were fine. Now, I look at them myself before I let them do anything...

As for the warranty, I'm surprised they would say any suspension parts are covered at all at 60,000 miles. The bumper to bumper warranty was 3 ys/36,000 mi and the drivetrain warranty was 5/60,000. Shocks/Struts are not considered part of the drivetrain...

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
the 08's had a habbit of the rear shocks and front struts going out sooner then most. Lucky it is one of the least 44 fixes.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
At 60000 miles you should change both the front struts and rear shocks.Spare your frustration.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I would highly recommend KYB or Monroe Sensa-Trac. They work on the velocity, so the bumpier the road the stiffer the suspension becomes. If you have any ability to do some minor modifications the reflex by monroe is a great system as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts