Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Ford Escape XLT with leather interior. The leather on the steering wheel and on one panel of the drivers seat is starting to show wear. I want to take care of this before the leather starts to deteriorate. I found a website that sells exact match repair dyes and color. http://www.magicmender.com So I need to match the color on my steering wheel and seat. I have two tone seats and a black steering wheel. So the interior is Medium/Dark Flint but it doesnt say what the parts of the seat are what color. The center of the seat is light gray and the rest is Dark gray. My only problem is that the website has listings for Light Flint, Medium Flint, Dark Flint, and Medium/Dark Flint. So is the "medium/dark flint" a single ford color? or is it the two tone color combination? It also has 5-6 different black colors to match the steering wheel too!

Can anyone help narrow the colors down to the right choice? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Sorry... I haven't seen to many two tone seats...

Did you figure anything out with this?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know the color! When I installed the rear view camera in my hatch I got a look at a couple of the stickers on the back of the trim panels. So my dark gray is Dark Flint. The light gray on the center of the seat is an exact match to the medium flint interior of my Ford E-250 van. And I'm assuming the even lighter gray on the upper half of the interior (upper panels on the A,B,C, and D pillars and ceiling) Light Flint. So in my case Medium/Dark Flint is a two tone.

I'll be purchasing a product called "Colorbond" it's actually recommended by Ford for interior touch up and used at the factory. It can be used on Leather, Vinyl and Plastics. The product drys to the touch in 45seconds and is completely dry in 10 minutes. From reviews in auto magazines it is very durable and just as durable as the factory color on leather and vinyl. I take some before and after pictures once I receive the product and get it applied to the part of the leather seat and steering wheel that is showing some wear and tear.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Thanks for the reply and the heads up on that product. My steering wheel has a small scratch in the leather at the bottom of the wheel. I don't feel it often because of the location but I'd still like to patch it up...

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i heard good quality superglue brushed into scratch then sprinkle with baking soda to build it up. Then sand the scratch level with leather or vinyl. Then apply dye/color. But look on internet to confirm process.

Ill let you know how the colorbond product works. Im sure it's good stuff if Ford and other manufactures use it and recommend it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.