Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So. The Wife has gone to Brighton for her Cousin's hen week-end.

So far. I've ordered a Curry, watching some 'Police, Camera, Stop' type programs, Might watch a movie on PPV later.

Just need something to do tomorrow. :play:

Rehearsal on Sunday so no need to find entertainment there.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
That depends... do you want wifey to find out?

:lol:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I'm thinking... pool party, complete with enough decadence to make the local papers.

:D

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Not in Bath. Only in Leeds.

:hyst:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Ah ha, I thought something had happened, with you posting in the evening ;) ;)

What to do, hmm, thats a tough one..
You could always find a real ale pub, go on, be brave and try a Luftwaffe ale, its brewed in Kent, so you would also be supporting local employment as well :thumb: :yes:
You could even wash the Maverick, and even, dare I say it, the Vivaro :stop: ;)
Why watch the Police Camera Action videos though, BTW, you do know that the presenter, Alistair Stewart, got nabbed for drink driving about a year ago :lol: :lol:

I finished work today at 15:00 :yahoo: , but back again at 18:00 tomorrow, but thats ok, as I'm taking a coachload of people to the greyhound racing in Wakefield, haven't been to the dogs for years, should be a good night :)

Why don't you head up to the city tomorrow, to see how Boris Johnston is getting on in his new job ;) ;)

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Are there any local car shows? I'm nerdy enough to do something like that.

Sometimes.

:)P

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
When I am off the leash, I usually "forget" to take my cell phone with me...

Look at cars and such that I have no intention of buying. Take in a flick at the theater. Then head off and have a brew at the local establishment. Eat groceries that are not allowed to pass my lips and over my tongue any other time...

Not exactly wild. But it's a dogs life. :p

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
How about cleaning the house so that it looks very nice for when your wife returns. :D

J/K Whatever you decide to do, I hope that you have a good time. :)

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Colleen said:
How about cleaning the house so that it looks very nice for when your wife returns. :D
Erm...Yeah....That ain't gonna happen. :stop:

:lol:

Might go beach fishing with a mate in the morning.

Go down to Dungeoness (Yes. It is as grim as it sounds!) But there's a big power station there, as such the water around it is warmer and conducive for fishing.......Apparently. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Enjoy yourself, Chris !!! :)

( You will want to make sure that the house is at least as clean as it was when she left. Trust me on this. I'm trying to save you ;) )

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You're right. I dunno how in depth I'll be, but I will make sure it's not a complete hole for her return.

I do have a dilemma though.

I had my curry, it was delicious and I'm stuffed.

But.

I still have 5 Jam Doughnuts (I think you guys call them jelly doughnuts), which I don't particularly feel like eating now, but don't want them turning rock hard and have to throw them out.

Against my better judgement, I'm thinking of eating them to save the wastage, despite it possibly making me want to :barf:

Any advice?

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Big Chris said:
You're right. I dunno how in depth I'll be, but I will make sure it's not a complete hole for her return.

I do have a dilemma though.

I had my curry, it was delicious and I'm stuffed.

But.

I still have 5 Jam Doughnuts (I think you guys call them jelly doughnuts), which I don't particularly feel like eating now, but don't want them turning rock hard and have to throw them out.

Against my better judgement, I'm thinking of eating them to save the wastage, despite it possibly making me want to :barf:

Any advice?
:hyst: :hyst: You might want to save those for breakfast, Chris. Otherwise, you may end up spending the remainder of your evening in mysery !!!

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Breakfast fresh from the microwave!

Or eat them and have an Alka-Seltzer to push the sludge on through.... :wacko:

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
I see you've decided to spend your "day off" playing on the computer and eating. Sounds good to me.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There's no finer way to spend a day. :lol:

Went fishing earlier. Bit disappointed, we only caught 2 small Mackerel. :(

I've got some pretty bad sunburn too.

I didn't realise just how hot it was gonna be out today! :wall: :wall:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I just got back from fishing wif me dad. :D

I caught three small Perch (the first time I've caught any Perch), and three fairly large Bass.

Clouds and a distant rumble brought an end to that, 'bout an hour ago.

Did you eat the doughnuts? If I had seen that post earlier, my reply would have been easy:

What would Homer do?

:D :p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts