1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
If you have seen one Dell Optiplex GX 620, you have seen them all... ;)

It's a black box with gray lids and rounded corners. Nothing so slick as yours, that's for sure! :yes:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
The pics were loading and I thought I was seeing some street glow, amps and speakers. Then I'm like, that's a computer? I gotta get out more. :lol:

Looks super cool.

^^ Not really. ^^ Really old Gateway running Windows '98 :bag: and a boxy Sony laptop. Noth'n special.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have this:

HP Pavilion a6110n PC

The downstairs computer has this:

HP Slimline...thing. :lol: not sure of the name since its downstairs and I'm NOT getting up to check :)

And we both have this:

HP w1907 19" wide screen LCD monitor :yes:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Nice! :)P

I've thought about converting when the Sony craps out.

Be alot more impressive if E-C was up on the screen. :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
do you have 4 sticks of RAM in there? how much do you have?

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Core2Duo 1.83 GHz, 4 GB RAM, OpenBSD 4.4

Swapped in a WUXGA display.

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Pretty cool. Really good on resource usage, currently using 359 MB out of 4096 MB of RAM (no swapfile!). Battery life seems to have improved as well, which is very good since I keep my battery at 75% charge instead of 100%. I'm trying to figure out a way to get my service DVDs to work, but I'm not having any luck. I might have to build a lightweight Windows machine just to get my Alldata and Mitchell databases back. I like how basic the install is (I can whittle it down to just around 300 MB) and then I get to add whatever I want. Not like Windows, trying to be everything to everyone and I have to go around disabling services and uninstalling components on a fresh install.

Oh, and I also can't find a working Flash plugin.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hattrick203 said:
Sure do. 8GB Ram :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
futameca said:
Nice! :)P

I've thought about converting when the Sony craps out.

Be alot more impressive if E-C was up on the screen. :D
LOL That picture is actually a couple weeks after I got it. It's so old, I don't even live in that house anymore! It was before I discovered E-C!! :hyst: ;)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Scooter Scott said:
hattrick203 said:
damn! thats a sweet computer

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Wingsfan said:
My Grandparents have that mouse, I refuse to use it :cuss:
I guess a trackball is not for everybody, but I absolutely love it and much prefer it over a mouse. :)

hattrick203 said:
Scooter Scott said:
hattrick203 said:
damn! thats a sweet computer
Ditto !!

That is an awesome machine, Scott !! :thumb:
8 gig of ram.... :drool:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I had a trackball like that and didn't care for it. I thought that I would as I use a trackball most of the time at work.

I just upgraded my home PCs' mouse from the rubber roller to an optical. I had no choice, the old mouse died in his cage... :(

So now it's a Logitech soap on a rope... :lol: $17.88 at Walmart. :angel: I could have bought one at Big Lots for about half that, but it was a noname and I didn't trust it. :worry:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
DELL xps 600 3.2dual Core, 800FSB, 2gig of 667 ram, (going to put the other 2 in eventually lol they are sitting on my desk). 2x 250GiG HD's, geforece 8600GT, 19in HD LCD currently have the blue front light on lol. and a 500gig networking hard drive. the wife has a toshiba P300 Pro with a bunch of crap oh ya and vista.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts