Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked high and low. I can't find any lifts. BDS seems to not make their lift anymore. Do you guys know of anyone else who does?

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I hope your not talking about shoes. :confused:

j/k!

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Canuck Motorsports in BC makes a lift for 1.25" front and 1.5" rear. Their website says it is only for 2001-2005 Escapes, but I thought the 07 and 05 suspensions were identical. Could try sending them an e-mail if you're interested.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys. Not to be repetitive or annoying, but if I were to get a lift. Who knows maybe up to 3 inches. What size tires (biggest possible) could I run without rubbing. What about going to 15 inch rims from the stock 16's?

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
I had the BDS kit at 2" and if it were 3" it would not have allowed for a larger tire. The axis for the wheel is still within the wheel well so you would need many more inches to get to a point where the tire could be increased without rub, or start cutting... :shock:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not to concerned with the handling. I think 3 inches would be insane! SURF..... I went to the link you posted I put all my info in and they are supposed to get back to me. I'm thinking 31 inch tires....... Forget U-Turns? LOL :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
You should look for adjustable rear upper control arms for the rear alignment and eccentric bolts for the front. My BDS kit also had front strut extenders that dded two inches to the strut length. There is also a need to move brakelines and ABS sensor harnesses with 2" or more.

Good luck and let us know the cost etc.

Check out the install instructions..
http://www.bds-suspension.com/pdfs/033202.pdf

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok man will do. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, Spring Works offered 2 pairs of Heavy Duty 3 Inch springs. So, thanks to my buddy Surfscape that problem is handled. But, I still need rear upper control arms, eccentric bolts for the front, and possibly strut extenders. Does anyone know of a company that does these parts for a 2007 either a kit or even custom? If so the help would be great. I'm begining to see this project coming together slowly but surely!

THANKS!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts