Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to keep a list of after market off-road parts that fit the 2001 to'08 platform. (Feel free to continue the list)
1. GIZ 3"lift
2. Ranch RS 9000 9setting adjustable shock
3. Canuckmoter Sports 1.25 front and rear 1.25 coil spring lift
4. Westin Bull Bars
5. Westin Nerf bars
6. Ford Nerf bars
7. K&N stock air filter (huge difference in collecting dirt)
8. Any stock size a/t 30.5 "

·
Registered
490 Posts
7. K&N stock air filter (huge difference in passing dirt)

He he -- just a joke for those who visit "the oil" site.

I've used oil-gauze filters since '95.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
http://www.jantz4x4.com/
makes a bolt on for the Rancho RS 9000

So I've used every setting and with the stock struts and my stiff coil springs i have decided to keep them on the 2nd setting. The rear is stiffer but not that much. I ordered my KYB struts because the struts we are making won't be finished for some time (long time).
But Rancho rear shocks were a great investment.. :rockon:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
What did you make it out of?????

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What would you like to kknow about it. i know a guy who has it. Basically its stiffer rear shocks and front struts, a 3" coil spring lift, new cambers arms and torsion bars. Shipping to the states is approx $900.00 plus 2,000 for the lift kit itself. Carl Jantz who is an engineer that develops and builds jeeps told me it's a nice kit per the info on the website.
http://www.giz.com.tw/english/product.p ... List&pid=2

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Does the person you know like the lift kit? Does he have pics?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For those of you that are looking to get a more stiffer ride but don't want to make the mods to put different shocks there is a product called a coil spring stabelizer. it can be used to put more tension on the coil springs and stiffen the ride or they can be used to lift your rig up to 2" depending on how many you purchase. I found them through JC Whitney and will be installing them and using them until I figure out a way to make the changes I want w/o having to spend more then I have in my Megascape budget.. :rockon:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Called Rancho Suspension and they said that a set on Monroe sense-a-trac with a coil spring stabilizer on them would give me a good amount of stiffness in my front suspension. Also the Rancho rep informed me that the more velocity the sense-a-trac gets, the stiffer the strut becomes so it's pretty good deal for me. he could have just sold me the new Rancho Quick Lift.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so the coil spring stabilizers were easy to install and are doing what I'd hoped. I jacked the front end up and with a no bounce hammer hit the rubber stabilizers into place. I placed the stabilizer between the second and third coils. We went out on a day trip today and had no problems with the struts hitting bottom. the stabilizers act like a bump stop on shocks, as well as, stiffen the coil spring. inexpensive and easy to install what more can one ask for :rockon:

·
Registered
57 Posts
megascape said:
Shipping to the states is approx $900.00 plus 2,000 for the lift kit itself.
What???!!! $2900 for only a 3" kit? Im sorry, but that is an insane amount for such a puny lift. I could see it being worth $1200 but not more. Heck I spent 1200 for the 6" on my truck and it had all the extra goodies such as extended arms, new coils and leafs, extended braided stainless brake lines and all. and even being 6", its not much lift.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, however, some people would buy it because it's pretty much the only after market lift. I'm going to just continue making mods to my suspension until it's exactly what I want. All i need now is for somebody to make my coil over or I want to get a hold of a Rancho Quick Lift and see what i'd need to do to make it work. I'm really not into lifts over 3". If I had the money and that lift was made in the states minus the shipping i'd purchase it..

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I can't find my other thread so i'll post it here. The V6 Intelligent 4X4 with the OM tranny gearing and OM axle gearing can run 31's with no tranny or engine problems. Very good news for me

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
just refinished my skid to cover the gas line, rear brake lines and the whatever this is actually called it's a poor picture but some should know the proper name:

I went 1/8" stainless on this one rather then 3/16 aluminum. i figure it will stop branches and brush as well as smaller rocks. I don't think i need to put anything to heavy since I mainly just explore and no crawling in this.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Nice can't wait to see it installed. I am waiting to get mine done.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts