Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My day was bad I got into a little accident. I damaged one of my rims. I was driving out of my driveway I bent down to get a paper and the truck was still moving. I hit my friends car and F***ed up my front driver side rim. He really doesn't care of his car cause it's and older car and his going to get rid of it. But I'm still going tomorrow to buy the cap that I broke from his car. He told me not to, but that's the right thing to do. I just order a new rim today from Tire Rack. It comes in on Friday I will put it on as soon as I get it. :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor:

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
DOH!!! That sucks... Glad the friend was good about it. Hope you can get it fixed up quickly!

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Oye vey. Sounds like really strange circumstances for a rim to be damaged in a minor accident as such. Sorry to hear!! :worry:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ouch! Sorry man. Accidents are always a pain, no matter how minor. But it's great that you're doing the noble thing by insisting on rectifying the situation with your friend.

Um, I gotta ask though...is this your typical method for retrieving your papers?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ohhhh wait.... You mean you were picking up a paper which was inside the car, right? For some reason I interpreted your post to mean you were leaning out of the moving vehicle to scoop up a newspaper from your driveway or something. (Efficient!)

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was trying to grab a paper of the truck floor. I wasn't paying attention. I will try to post of the damage rim today when I come from work. I will post pics. when I get the new one on. :(

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
US MARINER 1 said:
I was trying to grab a paper of the truck floor. I wasn't paying attention. I will try to post of the damage rim today when I come from work. I will post pics. when I get the new one on. :(
As much as I can feel for you AIR ...., I wish everyone's mishaps are of the same kind.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... so me fishin around for something on the floorboard at 70 mph isn't a good idea. :)P Glad it was only minor damage and that your friend was so understanding about it all.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here are some pics. of the damage. It's not as bad as I thought it was. But I still bought a new one. I also fixed my friends car already.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
That would make a nice full size spare! Just find a used tire. To put on it. Yesterday was not a good day for tires and rims. I ran over a razor blade at the mouth of my driveway. I feel for you.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just got confirmation tomorrow I get my new rim. That's was quick. So I will put the new one on Friday after work. I'm going to see if I buy A used tire also. Thanks for the idea. Now I'm going to have seven rims and tires for spare or winter use. My Mariner has a total of 11 tires and rims. I need to get rid of some.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just got the new rims put in today. it looks a lot better. I'm so HAPPY now. I will post pics. soon. :yes: :yes: :rockon: :rockon: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :party: :party: :party: :party: :kneel: :kneel: :kneel: :kneel: :)P :)P :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
Glad you got it all fixed up Bobby and you're a happy camper again.

FYI - There are rim repair companies like FixRim that can make a scratched up rim look like new for a reasonable price. My boss uses one of these companies (I forget which one) and it's amazing how much better they look after they are fixed up. You might want to look into it so you can have an extra if something like this happens again... :thumb:

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
RobtRoma said:
Glad you got it all fixed up Bobby and you're a happy camper again.

FYI - There are rim repair companies like FixRim that can make a scratched up rim look like new for a reasonable price. My boss uses one of these companies (I forget which one) and it's amazing how much better they look after they are fixed up. You might want to look into it so you can have an extra if something like this happens again... :thumb:
THANKS! for the info. I will :thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts