Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this was totally by accident. We originally set out to go down to a river and just relax for the day. Instead, I took a few too many "backroads" and we ended up lost up in the mountains on a bunch of dirt roads. We encountered everything. Downed trees, 2 1/2 feet of snow, mud holes, you name it. All of which blocked the road which meant we had to find a new way home, 4 times!!! Needless to say, it was interesting, but we made it home. Here's a few pictures of it. Some of the action would have made great pictures but a few times I had to get a running start to get through.

Started out easy and normal

The truck is actually sitting at about a 25 degree angle here.

I just floored it and blasted right through that badboy :bag:

One of the 3 roads blocked by snow. WTF? Yes I attempted it. Didn't get very far.

Me trying to get rid of any rocks that might be able to do damage. Eight feet behind me is a sheer drop off.

All in all, it was pretty interesting. I marked it on the GPS to one day go back, with 4 wheel drive. Not attempting it in this truck again. Almost got stuck too many times.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Looks like an interesting excursion Nick.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do have more pictures, but not as many as I thought. Mostly just scenery. It was amazing up there. We were literally up there for about 5 hours. It got to the point where we had to chance going through a DEEP five foot section of mud, or back-track a couple hours. I just tried to stay out of the ruts as much as possible. I had to gun it at the end because I started falling into the ruts. It was really soft mud. I'll get some of the other ones off the camera today.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's more pics.

Some of the other obstacles

Some of the scenery

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
Wow! Beautiful area. :thumb: I'm really glad you didn't get stuck up there all by yourself. Be careful if you go back. Bring friends if you can... And take more pics :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's all I was saying while we were up there. Next time, we're bringing more trucks....that or stay on the paved roads like my wife told me to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts