Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone on have a pictures of a LOC install on a 2008 Escape or any help/advice as to the easiest way to go about doing this. I have been able to remove the dash pieces to access the radio and wiring harnesses but i seem to be getting lost from here on wire colors. thanks for any help

·
Registered
263 Posts
I can see if I can find some pics of mine when I had one before I upgraded the deck....

Quick Questions....

- Do you have the Audiophile system or base model radio?

- What are you running the LOC too?

Reason I ask is because keep in mind, if you are running the LOC to power a sub..that the stock radio automatically filters out low end frequencies to avoid speaker damage at high volumes. This will render this signal useless to a sub. If you have the Audiophile system which includes the stock sub...you can try tapping into the sub lead from the stock head unit...and using that for your new sub. If your using it for component speakers then tapping the speakers leads should be fine.

·
Registered
327 Posts
When I had a LOC in my 08 Escape on the base model radio I wired the LOC up righ tin th eB pillar. Just pop that panel off and tap into the wires there. I will try and get pics if I can

·
Registered
327 Posts
I dont have any pictures but I still have the t-taps installed so I can snap some pics of those when I get home. Will plan on putting the pics of friday because im at work right now and rode the bike today and I only have internet at work

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.